Gtx 260 Or Hd4870

Jenova69

So as the title says that is the dilema i have a xfx 780i but if i went with the hd4870 i have a friend who sould trade me for a p5e x48 for my 780i mobo if i get the gtx260 i'll just keep what i got. So let me know what you think.

Edited by Jenova69

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as the title says that is the dilema i have a xfx 780i but if i went with the hd4870 i have a friend who sould trade me for a p5e x48 for my 780i mobo if i get the gtx260 i'll just keep what i got. So let me know what you think.

hi, i am new in this page, i love the good hardware...................

sorry about my english :rolleyes: i am from argentina and i am learning english,

i would like having a friend in usa. would you like it?

my mail is [email protected]

thank you

i personally have found that the 4870 is more cheap than gtx260 and has a better performance.

Opinion: 780i is worthless crap. Get rid of it.

1 out of every 10,000 people that says "well I might go SLI someday" actually does. It always makes more financial sense to toss (or sell) the old card and buy whatever's hot at the time.

GTX260 is the way to go. And I am no fan boy

you know your stuff, you give excellent reviews but...a 4870 offers better performance in most tests, and the price is about the same as the GTX 260 maybe less.

why do you pick the GTX 260?

just wondering...

Go for the 4870 and the x48, as I read the other day/week/etc that the nforce motherboard are out of support (from nvidia not sure about the other vendors) and nvidia is focusing on their GPU business.

Edited by DJNgoma

I HATE the 780i it screwed me over for ever wanting to USE let alone OVERCLOCK my quad Penryn. x48 is a great chipset, DEFINITELY buy the 4870 if not only for that better motherboard.

I hear that 4870's beat 260gtx's but I have not gamed with mine yet so I don't think I have bragging rights but that's what I hear