I was running OCCT and it crashed with error code 1 on threads 0, 2 & 3 while thread 1 showed error4 which it states is a calculating error. Does this mean that there is a problem with my CPU and if not what does it mean? This was running custom-just the CPU.

while I'm at it the temps for my cores maxed around 60c on cores 0 & 1 and cores 2 & 3 were always 5c cooler, does this mean that my thermal paste (AS5) is not even between the CPU and the Heatsink?

Edited by dollhobbs

if you're running at stock speed on the CPU, you probably have the voltage too low on the RAM...

Go with Hardnrg,

and/or

First who knows what it means beyond the system is not stable.

Second 5c is not a big deal. But after you get things stable and happy, if the 5 drives you crazy, reapply and reseat. You may have to live with it.

Third run memtest 86 from DOS. There is also a windows version. The problem with doing memtest without dropping your CPU clock is you still don't know if it is CPU or RAM related. So if you are OC drop your CPU clock and keep the same RAM clock.

I'm probably making this too complicated ... old school stuff.

Edited by Syngensmyth

Ram is running at 4-4-4-12 and 2.2v

CPU was at 3.4g and v was 1.325 if I remember right.

I moved it back to 3.2 and left the v the same and seems to be running stable so it must have been the v to low.

thanks for the suggestions... :thumbs-up:

next time, if you have instability, it might be a good idea to say whether or not the system is OC'd and what voltages you are using...

your sig says otherwise...

my Q6600 has a stock voltage of 1.325v, and it needs a lot more for 3.4+ GHz... if you have a TRUE, you should be able to play with CPU voltages up to at least 1.45V if you are paranoid, 1.5V if you are normal, or up to 1.6V if you are feeling confident or a bit crazy

My appoligies, I will be clearer from now on. I have come to the conclusion that it was not enough voltage that was the problem, I will try again and let you know and thanks for the tips.