I've Been Bored...

nice... oh and btw, there isn't a rev A2 EVGA 680i... that's just what CPU-Z says for all EVGA 680i mobos, or at least all the A1 mobos says A2... I think AR says A2 as well... maybe even TR and T1

oh well, its ok. I will figure it out soon.

As for progress on the vcr pc, theres a small update- I've been working on a custom bracket to hold the dvd drive, but during the process of making it, I offered to help my neighbors move out. It should be able to hold a regular-sized drive. I will most likely resume on monday. :( I love my dremel!

Looks like someones really creative.

I would have never though of using a VCR as a case...

Hows are u going to get decent cooling with such a compact case?

And it doesn't seem like u could install a Graphics card i there Sadly...

you beat me to it...a riser would definitely make things easier, but a low profile card should fit easily as well. There are plenty of ventilation holes on the top and the bottom. In addition to that, I might make some kind of mod for an exhaust fan, I don't know. I might actually be able to work on the dvd drive bracket thing today, so I'll post some pictures later.

Also, I once saw on another forum a work log of a similar project, except it was a cd player. That thing was awesome though, because it used a screen on the front, and even the original remote!

Edited by qwerty

Another update!

The dvd drive bracket is done, but I don't have a drive that fits. All I have is an old cd burner that is too long therefore interfering with the ram slots :( .

I was trying to see how to put an old NIC card I have laying around, but then I realized that wireless would be better. Now I just have to look around for a cheap wireless card.

Things left to do consist of: obtaining a dvd burner that is either slim or short enough to fit, pico-itx power supply, obtining the wireless network card and making minor mods if necessary, and modifying the cassette door thing to hide the dvd drive.

It is going to be a while before I have money to get the extra parts, so for now this is an unfinished project :( .

Well, for now you can run it with out the top panel and set it up with an old power supply, use a wired Ethernet card, and use any dive you have laying around to just tinker with it till you have the money for the correct parts...