I've Been Bored...

The title says it all, lol. I bought an ancient vcr from the salvation army store and began chopping up the insides after taking out the guts. It is now the house for an old compaq presario, but fits other matx mobos as well(or at least it should). I still need to find a way to install a dvd burner, and a smaller psu. What do you all think of the progress so far?

Also, some one please tell me if I posted the images correctly, because I am not sure if they are too big. thanks!

IMG_8149.jpg

power and hd activity lights

IMG_8150.jpg

innards

IMG_8148.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

rear

IMG_8152.jpg

messed up caps ftl!!

Edited by qwerty

It looks like it was a good VCR too.. :(

I'll never let you near my Sears SR3000.

Good job on the conversion tho'...might want to look for a slim optical drive (laptop) and you could look online (froogle) for one of Shuttle's psu's.

It looks like it was a good VCR too.. :(

I'll never let you near my Sears SR3000.

Good job on the conversion tho'...might want to look for a slim optical drive (laptop) and you could look online (froogle) for one of Shuttle's psu's.

lol! When I opened it up, the belts were so old that they were "melted". The inside was really dirty too!

I think I can fit a regular-sized dvd drive in there. If I can't, then I'll just keep it for another project I'm currently working on...

Edited by qwerty

It'd be cool if you could rewire the switches on the front to something like the Power_Switch and Reset_Switch for the mobo, and Eject for the optical drive :)

A mini-ATX, Flex ATX or possibly one of the DC-DC PSUs meant for mini-ITX could fit... it's kinda hard to judge the space you have from the pictures