Some Good Av And Firewall Software For Xp

nightsider

I prefer AVG 8. Did you happen to look into what type of Virii they were? A lot of the times AVG assumes you know about computer virii a lot more and doesn't inform you 100%.

And for firewall I use Zonealarm Free from Checkpoint.

AVG Free 8.0 and Windows Firewall.

All the aftermarket firewalls are just a pain IMO, I remove a LOT of viruses and spyware from customers computers who have kasper, comodo, zonealarm, avast, Norton, Mcfee, AVG etc. All of them basically.

No AV is going to protect you from everything, neither is a firewall. It really comes down to surfing habits and what you do, all the protection in the world isn't going to stop some people from getting this stuff on their computers unfortunately.

I use only those two as resident programs, and might put spybot or something on there if I think it's needed on my own machines. For customers I put AVG, Ad-Aware, Spybot, ATF Cleaner and a link to the disk defragmentor on their desktop. Most of them just delete the shortcuts and then bring it back three months later and pay another 80-120 $'s for me to remove the stuff again *shrug* Me... I haven't had a virus or any type of spyware on any of my computers for more than three years.

Anyway, I like AVG. Don't like any of the others, cept maybe NOD32 but I have limited use of that under my belt.

p.s. Any Norton or Mcfee product is a joke... they eat a ton of resources and try to do way to many things. And don't protect well against the newer malware, spyware, ransom-ware, virii stuff that is out there.

Edited by s0rd3z