I Think I'm Ready....

IVIYTH0S

Not sure I liked the color of the black one so I got that. Should perform just as well though. Here it is cheapest I've found if your interested in the black one: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thulexbled.html

Great CFM to db ratio using this fan for mine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185060

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With push pull don't bother buying extra clips. Use cable ties through the fins. There is a neat way of doing it by someone here but I can't find it right now.

it was me...

it does give you a few degrees more to play with.

post-18473-1218040233_thumb.jpg

Not sure I liked the color of the black one so I got that. Should perform just as well though. Here it is cheapest I've found if your interested in the black one: http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thulexbled.html

Great CFM to db ratio using this fan for mine: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835185060

That fan is cheaper but appears to have higher DB. Mine is very quiet for the air it pushes. Either would do the job. :rolleyes:

These HS's are still spendy espcially when you have to add a fan.

Edited by Syngensmyth

I'll probably get the ultra-kaze fan because i'll take every bit of airflow I can get, noise is of no concern to me. I'll probably get a tube of Arctic Silver 5 too, since I usually use my friends but want my own. Do you guys think I should lap the TRUE when it gets here or no?

I'll probably get the ultra-kaze fan because i'll take every bit of airflow I can get, noise is of no concern to me. I'll probably get a tube of Arctic Silver 5 too, since I usually use my friends but want my own. Do you guys think I should lap the TRUE when it gets here or no?

From what I have heard and read, you will want to lapp the TRUE. It's not to difficult and it will be worth it in the end.

Also AS5 is what I've always used, but someone said that the AS Ceramic was slightly better, or perhaps just better price. I can't remember exactly what they said. It might even be that it was mostly the same performance wise but the ceramic stuff is non-conductive iirc?

From what I have heard and read, you will want to lapp the TRUE. It's not to difficult and it will be worth it in the end.

Also AS5 is what I've always used, but someone said that the AS Ceramic was slightly better, or perhaps just better price. I can't remember exactly what they said. It might even be that it was mostly the same performance wise but the ceramic stuff is non-conductive iirc?

I remember seeing the post about the AS Ceramic but all it did, I think, was it was little longer lasting but this cooler won't be on this quad forever so I don't think that I'll ever have the AS5 passed it's lifespan.

You don't think I should lap my processor, though I'm a little iffy about it since it'll void my warranty.

Yes... due to the fact that almost all of the stories I've read from people who've used or are using the TRUE, they've almost all said that their bases were wonky. Some lapped quickly, or some took a while, like mine... Lapping the processor chip is also an option, but that is risky due to the fact that the heat shield is thin and you don't want to screw it up, and the fact that any dust or water from the process may screw it up

Yes... due to the fact that almost all of the stories I've read from people who've used or are using the TRUE, they've almost all said that their bases were wonky. Some lapped quickly, or some took a while, like mine... Lapping the processor chip is also an option, but that is risky due to the fact that the heat shield is thin and you don't want to screw it up, and the fact that any dust or water from the process may screw it up

Didn't lapp mine but I know it needs it. Proc needs it too. I could visibly tell it needed it even and last I took it out to put in my "TRUE" I noticed the IHS actually has a hole in it the size of a sewing pin prick....