Jhester

Pics From Upcoming Pc Build...

I decided I would slowly but surely take pictures of my new gaming PC as I build it. It isn't my first build or my last but I figured I'd let you guys enjoy it too. All I've got right now is a GTX 260 and the stacker 830 case.

Currently owned parts:

EVGA GTX 260 OC (Got on sale for 245.00!!!, less cost than a 4870 HD and with some over-clocking I can get it up to about the GTX280's power)

Stacker 830 SE (A beautiful case and a dream to work in!)

46670694mq7.jpg

20502605kg0.jpg

41367212kj0.jpg

EDIT: Pictures are lower quality because of bad lighting. New pictures should be better.

Edited by Jhester

nice...now tear it up and mod that beast :D

I'm thinking airbrush. ;) I'm a pretty good artist and the metal is practically begging me to do something special. Also, note my gigantic amazing Coca Cola sign in back.

Edited by Jhester

Screw the airbrush, well, until later that is. It's time to pull out the engraver and carve that beast. Carve something really sweet into the metal, then airbrush it.

Screw the airbrush, well, until later that is. It's time to pull out the engraver and carve that beast. Carve something really sweet into the metal, then airbrush it.

I do have some engraving tools, I'd just have to figure out what to put on and practice some because I'm a little choppy.

Good case

Yeah it is! I would've gotten the newer model, but I liked the front mesh better on this one.

Yeah it is! I would've gotten the newer model, but I liked the front mesh better on this one.

It's nice working with a case that's more spacious than you'd ever know what to do with, huh?

I've only seen the 830 in silver twice, this being the second time and it looks good in either black or silver. Could you imagine it in white, or even blue? :thumbs-up:

It's nice working with a case that's more spacious than you'd ever know what to do with, huh?

I've only seen the 830 in silver twice, this being the second time and it looks good in either black or silver. Could you imagine it in white, or even blue? :thumbs-up:

It really does look good in either! With all the black cases out though, I had to go something a tad differant. The stainless steel really shows too. I personally think they should make a red one. I saw the painted red one, it was Kovoet's actually, it looks super sweet. The loss of the stainless steel texture is a tradeoff, I guess.

Edited by Jhester

It looks like a regular mid-tower ATX size? But with fan mounts on the side that mean you have less space for CPU heatsinks...

Granted it's high quality, but I don't see how it's spacious at all...

It really does look good in either! With all the black cases out though, I had to go something a tad differant. The stainless steel really shows too. I personally think they should make a red one. I saw the painted red one, it was Kovoet's actually, it looks super sweet. The loss of the stainless steel texture is a tradeoff, I guess.

One of the main reasons I painted was because of the rough finish to it, it picked up marks so easily. At least now it has a smooth finish to it and easy to keep clean. I wish we on this site still had the pic's from the last show that Bosco went as the coolermaster cases they had their with the indent paint jobs were awesome and I could've used those ideas for when I totally finished mine off.

One of the main reasons I painted was because of the rough finish to it, it picked up marks so easily. At least now it has a smooth finish to it and easy to keep clean. I wish we on this site still had the pic's from the last show that Bosco went as the coolermaster cases they had their with the indent paint jobs were awesome and I could've used those ideas for when I totally finished mine off.

It still looks sweet in red either way, so bravo on that!

@hardnrg: The fan mounts ARE removable and to be honest it really is spacious. Do you want me to take a picture of it next to a mid tower to see exactly how big it is? It may not be Lian-Li spacious but it certainly beats the cuts and bruises of a mid any day. The removable pull-out motherboard tray is a godsend too. I'd kiss the man or woman who thought that up square on the mouth. Well, don't hold me to that.