Stock Cooling On 9700 Pro

Nagash

Using Rage3d tweak I have only been able to get 357 core and 310 mem before I start getting a lot of memory errors and random shutdowns of my benchmark programs (aquamark3 and 3dmark2001se). Those are the signs that your vid card is running too hot correct? I thought I could get a little more out of this thing before I started running into problems. BTW I have two intake fans on the front, one on the side, and two exhausts in the back (all 80 MM Sunon).

Edited by Nagash

I did not have the plesure of having one yet (9700 or more)but if i you figure it's about the same on all video cards,stock HS mostly stinks and having a lot of airflow in your case does not change anything much since your GPU will heat up if it is not properly cooled, i mean 'directly' on it, that heat has to dissipated right away, then out of the case.

Video cards even the high end ones are made to run stock,(i even wonder about that).If you OC even just a bit you have to think of changing that hummm!!! HS for something better. ;)

Edited by kobalt

Yeah, Some video cards have trouble running even at stock speeds. If you have an interest in OC'ing your card (why wouldn't you ;)) I'd recommend a nicer fan and some heatsinks. You can get more out of that card. :)

Ive got a 9000 pro at 308/580 as a max with the stock hs. My problem is that the hs is glued on i guess . There are no mounting holes to mount anything else so im kinda stuck. Can any of the good vga coolers be glued on?

Guest Ballz2TheWallz

<_< AA crapING SP94 AND VANTEC TORNADO ON A 9800XT BEING OCED TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!