3dmark Vantage Score

Raphsody

Honestly who cares :rolleyes:

As long as your card is meeting your gaming needs that's all that matters.

On a personal note, my 3dmak06 score has increased and decreased every time i update my GPU Drivers. So thats probably what is happening.

Alot of people care so if they want to compare scores then let them nothing wrong with that sheesh

Vantage is a very shady and inaccurate benchmark. No competitions use it and hardly anyone really takes its scores seriously...A system can totally destroy another in every other system or graphics benchmark, plus a whole group of real world tests...but then score lower in vantage :rolleyes: . Not to mention the fact that many people have not, and are not willing to "downgrade" to vista to even install it. I have both a legit Pro version of Vantage and a legit Vista 64bit, but have not installed either...

To be honest I consider it computer politics...who knows what manufactures are paying whatever company $XXX to "optimize" for their hardware - or leave out performance advancing features like dx10.1(cough, nvidia). I am willing to bet if ATi's version of PhysX was released first, and gave vantage a huge score improvement, Nvidia would have pressured futuremark to patch it out and disable it. It has essentially made scores MUCH more difficult to compare then they already were.

If you don't like benchmarking the solution is simple - don't do it. There is a very large and growing segment that does, so there is no need to complain and discourage others every time a benchmark is posted(which I have been seeing a lot lately). No matter what hardware is being used there is no reason to be "anti-benching". You don't need the latest and greatest parts to have fun benching - that is why they have filters and searches to compare your system to the same or similar hardware. That way you can test your tweaking and overclocking skills on an even playing field.

That being said, the truth is - like it or not - to paraphrase an automotive phrase "The hardware that benches high on Sunday sells on Monday." Many people are not informed enough to really learn about the hardware they want to buy, so they pick a price range then grab whichever scores the highest in whatever latest-and-greatest benchmark or overused standard(like crysis) is relevent for that time.

i seem to get around 7000s for my gpu score. thats normal for 4850 on vantage. if you have a PhysX enabled nvidia card or the " PhysX card" expect you're score to double.

stick to 3dmark 06 if you something that counts.

http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11621734dc2.jpg

not to sure if thats good or what...

Intel Q9450 @ 3.5 Ghz|8 GIGS ddr 2 800 mhz|ATI 4870 X2 in cross fire|Vista Ultimate x64|

Asus rampage Formula|2 3.0 MB Drives 500 gigs|XFI Xtreme music|Water Cooled|Antec 1200 case|Ultra x3 1000 watts|

tested with 4 gigs of ram as my other 2 sticks i had to send out for rma tho.

• 2 weeks later...

hey ts..did u oc ur gpu?

if u got a single card there..

cpu freq shld affect much on ur gpu scores..

hence the next other factor that will affect the gpu scores will be the gpu frequency itself..

try oc ur gpu and reran the benchmarks..