Sign in to follow this  
dollhobbs

Xfx 780i Bios Update

I noticed a AWDflash on boot and want to know if this is for the bios update and if it is, is it safe to use or should I always download the bios for boot update. Also I noticed on the XFX website there are P03 through P07 Bios available but no dates and I do not see anything resembling these versions during boot so how do I tell if which version to use?

Edited by dollhobbs

I still haven"t found an answer for this and would like any kind of input. should I use the Bios supplied by XFX or are there better ones out there.

I'd use the latest XFX ones just to be safe, but since they are reference boards will all the same features it shouldn't really matter.

CPU-Z will tell you which BIOS you are using!

I would stick with the XFX ones its alot safer. It something goes wrong you are going to have a hard time explaining why you used someone elses :lol:

According to CPUZ my current BIOS are Phoenix Technologies, LTD Bios V-P5P how do I find out if the ones from XFX (P07) are newer then the ones currently being used?

I have updated to the newest nVidia tools which include s a BIOS updater but it states the BIOS ID's (that I got from XFX site P07 bin file) do not match the current ones. These are the ones XFX says are the most current for my board and system. I also got the ISO and burned it to a cd and tried to boot from it and it started OK then said it couldn't find a GCDRom and the process stopped. Please check out the picture I took of the screen when it stoped. Could anyone who mhas flashed the bios on a XFX 780i motherboard please give me directions as to successfully do this. PM or post whichever is easiest.

post-32894-1219459226_thumb.jpg