Thing About Up Grading

toast

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAIT! Don't buy anything yet! Hold on for a month or two until the new products release. Once they come out, here's what you should get:

1. Intel X58 Motherboard

2. Nehalem architecture-based Bloomfield CPU

3. ATI Radeon HD 4870X2

4. Watercooling (You could collect the parts and set it up on you current rig and then just change the waterblock when the new X58 motherboard comes out.)

If the man wants to spend his money let him. But seriously I wish had that type of money. My 3850 died on me and My friend took my stock cooler for it because it was made of copper. Now I'm running on a 3450. It does alright. Just keep what you have right now. But If you have money burning a hole in your pocket could you buy me a new gfx card. Just joking. I'm in the process of getting ready for Forum Warz. Looking for money or a job in my area. The second option is proving kinda of hard. The comp i have now was a birthday present from my mom. All the good jobs in my area have already been take in.

Xly15

I wouldn't bother upgrading the graphics cards (You have 2 ultras...) until you have at least a monitor that runs at 1920X1200 (or 2560x1600 even).

As has been said before ditch the physx card when you do upgrade, and please invest in a spell checker, your posts are difficult to read.

I wouldn't bother upgrading the graphics cards (You have 2 ultras...) until you have at least a monitor that runs at 1920X1200 (or 2560x1600 even).

As has been said before ditch the physx card when you do upgrade, and please invest in a spell checker, your posts are difficult to read.

cant afford spell checker this comp uses all my money and what can u not understand slang or maybe not u must b american

by the way i have it hocked up too a 50" plasma thats 1080p

Edited by toast

Please leave your rig the way it is. Everyone keeps telling you so listen :angry:

There is not one problem with the things you got besides the cooling. If you want to upgrade so bad wait for nehalem in the fall

cant afford spell checker this comp uses all my money and what can u not understand slang or maybe not u must b american

by the way i have it hocked up too a 50" plasma thats 1080p

Forgive me if I've been rude. If you don't take the time to write serious posts, you're probably not going to get serious responses.

Honestly, if you've invested that much money in a computer, you should at least be capable of investing the time to do the proper research. The information is out there.

Not sure what you're implying about Americans, but if it means typing like a 15 year old, I'm offended.

If you're coming to forums for assurance as to how great your computer is, this probably isn't the place, and this probably isn't the way to do it. Having the capacity to spend money wantonly is not an asset. If you want to impress us, actually achieve something, or sincerely help another member.

I tried to give you reasonable advice in a lackadaisical manner, but you have not been astute enough to pick up my sarcasm.

FYI...Firefox has a built in spell checker :rolleyes:

the first thing is i dont want to impress anyone i just like having the best of everything like everything in my house, i work hard and i spend hard

and the second thing why the fXXk would i want to pull anyones plonker

i just like having the best of everything

What do you have for audio? Not your card, but your speakers? Some guys plug in to their home audio... some guys build their own preamps and do some seriously sick stuff DIY... At one point, I decided I wanted better PC audio, but really didn't care if it was like my home system, - I just wanted excellent PC speakers. I enjoy my MP3s, but I play some first person shooters and I am just as likely to watch a DVD on my PC as on my home theater, so I ended up pretty much exclusively looking at 5.1 sets. I've had my Logitech Z5500 speakers for maybe two and a half years now and I've never regretted the purchase for even a second. As all-around performers for games, music, and movies, I haven't found anything better.

How's that razer mouse treating you? I've owned a few and they have never failed to impress right out of the box... until they develop the random disconnect problem or they start tracking weird, or the buttons start registering clicks for no reason or refuse to accept a double click, or the wheel starts either getting far too sensitive or completely losing sensitivity... or any other multitude of issues razer mice are prone to. I've purchased every single "gaming" mouse currently being made with the exception of the ROCCAT. For comfort and durability, I've narrowed it down to two very fine mice that have some advantage or another over any of the razers. You could get a SteelSeries Ikari Laser or you could spend half the money and get a Cyber Snipa Stinger. Both of those are right hand only mice, but if you happen to be right handed, have a look at them and decide on what to replace your razer with when it craps out on you.

But, I see that you are using a wireless keyboard, so maybe the gaming mice are overkill for you as you are probably not a gamer. At least, I have never met a serious gamer who used a wireless keyboard. I sure wouldn't use one for gaming.