THERMALTAKE KANDALF

ASUS Striker SLI Extreme motherboard.

Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad QX6800

Asus Triton 79

Quad fan control

Thermaltake ToughPower 1000W Modular Power Supply

8GB of OCZ 2GB PC2-6400 800MHz Gold Edition Dual Channel DDR2 RAM

Dominator ram Memory Fan

Western Digital Cavier 1 x 500GB SATA II Hard Drive's Quality item's with 16MB Cache,

Western Digital Raptor 2 x 150GB Running @ 10,000Rpm

Awesome Pioneer 18X DVD+-RW Dual layer Drive T

Liteon LH-20A1S-15C 20X Internal SATA DVDRW Drive

Asus 2 X Ultimate Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX Ultra 768MB GDDR3 DVI PCI-E

Plus BFG Ageia PhysX Accelerator, latest model

SupremeFX Audio Card

Asus 22" Monitor

Logitech diNovo Edge key board

Blackadder RAZOR Mouse

but i ve been thinking about up dating my setup 4 a while now

and been think about the cpu motherboard and ram any ideas any body

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear mr. toast

I think you are insane...

I can't see one thing there that NEEDS to be upgraded, sure you can change stuff but it might not necessarily be an upgrade and most definately a waste of money considering the quality of your current spec. Either save the money or give it to charity!

Dear mr. toast

I think you are insane...

I can't see one thing there that NEEDS to be upgraded, sure you can change stuff but it might not necessarily be an upgrade and most definately a waste of money considering the quality of your current spec. Either save the money or give it to charity!

:withstupid:

Maybe when Nehalem comes out? Maybe later? :blink:

Well if you absolutely want to upgrade, you could get 4 projectors. You could build a square room in your house and make each projector displaying on a wall. Then you configure that for an extended desktop.

So You would get the 3D cube desktop like in Linux, but in fact you would be inside the cube !!! That would be insane :)

O:LDSAHGAOIEJF!!! S:LKAHF!!! I wish I had money burning a hole in my pocket like you. If you upgrade, can I have your "old" parts. I call first dibs on any of that which you no longer want! Honestly, you don't NEED to upgrade any of that. It's still all good hardware. Only thing I could say is maybe get the new Nehalem-based Bloomfield Core 2 Extreme when it comes out in a month or two. But that's it.

we got this all wrong! we should have been telling him his components were all useless old rubbish and therefore he should upgrade right away! of course, as a kind gesture we would take those rubbish old parts off him at no charge, just out of the kindness of our hearts ;)

we got this all wrong! we should have been telling him his components were all useless old rubbish and therefore he should upgrade right away! of course, as a kind gesture we would take those rubbish old parts off him at no charge, just out of the kindness of our hearts ;)

LMAO!!! I was the first one to think of that, so I have first dibs, lol.

I lol'd.