So, Which Color Gixxer?

This spring I'll be buying a 2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600. But I've run into a problem. Which color scheme should I get? http://www.suzukicycles.com/products/GSXR600K7 Blue/White is extremely common, and I just don't like it anymore. I'm leaning towards black/blue or black/black. How much do you think it'd cost to have the white parts of the red/white scheme painted black if I do the prep work?

And before anyone does what I'd usually do, yes I'm well aware that a Gixxer is a race bike with lights. I've been learning on my '78 GS750, and am expecting a huge jump in power and such. I learned quickly how to treat a bike with respect and try to keep it from killing me. According to most, I'm not ready. But . that, this is the internet :D.

wow....

color of the bike is always tailored around ones personality....I personally like the blue as my KZ650 is blue...but, you are right 9 out of the 10 gsx-rs I see are blue...

I would take the bike, when you get it, down to a few paint shops and get estimates....maybe some custom work on the paint may set you apart from the others in the crowd....now a days sign places can make custom graphic for cars/bike that can be peeled off without hurting the paint...

I really want a gsx-r 1300 but my wife just refuses...if i had the money I would buy it outright...

if you have been riding on a gs750 you can handle the gsx-r....the place people get into trouble is running it through the gears as fast as they can....things just pop out in front of you too fast...

as long as you use your smarts you'll be fine...;)

A 600??? Cmon...get alteast a 1000. My buddy got a GSX-R 600 and he kicks himself that he didn't get the 1000cc one. 600s are for women :P

I'll say your buddy needs to go to a track and learn how to really work his bike then :P. 90% of people don't ever outperform their bike, and 50% of statistics are made up 80% of the time. I don't need (nor can I afford) a liter bike right now. That and it's way too big of a jump to go from my old 750 (basically about as powerful as a modern 500) to a full blown liter bike. I'll be content with a top speed of 160 MPH for now.

A 600??? Cmon...get alteast a 1000. My buddy got a GSX-R 600 and he kicks himself that he didn't get the 1000cc one. 600s are for women :P

I hope you are kidding.

130 flywheel horsepower on a sub 400 lb machine is for women? 10s in the 1/4 mile with just a 20 dollar sprocket change is for women? Supersports world class handling, flickable bikes ? I personally know two people on a first name basis who went from 600s to literbikes...then back to 600s. They are lighter, more agile, and much more street friendly. Your friend is going to end up seriously injured or killed if he keeps that mentality.

Fyi the first place rider in a 600cc supersport race lap times equate to the thrid place of a 1000cc race-even with the power discrepencies. When it comes to racing bikes, it is almost all rider.

To the OP: the color doesn't matter, its a squid bike either way! :P

To the OP: the color doesn't matter, its a squid bike either way! tongue.gif

That's one problem I have. I don't know if I can ride in a backwards cap, wife beater, shorts, and flip flops :lol:.

I'm leaning towards the black right now, but I'm not sure if I really like it as much as the blue/black. If only they had pink :(.

Good luck with insurance, bosco :P. But how do the different fuel maps feel?