Muskin Ddr 4000 + Dfi Sli-dr Problems With 2gb

Hello CrimsonCleaver I was wondering if you would kindly share your bios settings, dram config and stuff. I've been having a similar problem with dual channel, but my hoover would not fix. I noticed your setup is similar to mine and I think you might be able to help me with a quick glance at your bios settings. Thanks.

I started a thread here http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7572 which describes my problem.

If you haven't tried already...try the yellows. I've had luck sometimes, sometimes not.

Play with the DRAM drive strength and DRAM response time. Sometimes different memory controllers work better than others (I have had more success with the Opterons in this respect).

I can't remember off the top of my head what the single long beep is for. I'm in the process of verifying ATM. Too many Lanparty boxes lying around ;). Ok, verified. One single long beep is a DRAM error (I couldn't remember which was the video error and whatnot).

Sometimes I've found it necessary to set the primary timings, other times not. Try 2-3-3-7 or 2.5-3-3-7 @ DDR 400 with CPC set to disable and work from there. If it starts to look like it's working...run memtest for a bit...tests #5 & #8 for ten passes, each, then all tests for a couple hours. If you're running loose timings (especially if CPC is set to disable), and it can't pass that, I'd be looking at a RMA.

If you still have trouble...I would try the link in my signature for "proper" CMOS clear. Except with the Expert, don't take the battery out. And you don't have the same number of power connectors. Reseat all of your components...check for problems. Reattach all the power connections.

Oh...one final thought...If these motherboards become funny all of a sudden, you might take a minute to swap out the CMOS battery for a new one. They are pretty old...

But, I'd say that your problem probably stems from the different memory controller on the X2. My single core Opty had one of the best memory controllers out of all the socket 939 processors I've installed / played with.

Hello CrimsonCleaver I was wondering if you would kindly share your bios settings, dram config and stuff. I've been having a similar problem with dual channel, but my hoover would not fix. I noticed your setup is similar to mine and I think you might be able to help me with a quick glance at your bios settings. Thanks.

I started a thread here http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7572 which describes my problem.

Hi There FupDuk,

Settings are:

CPC Enable

CAS 3

Everything else Auto or default.

I hoovered the slot out and made sure I pushed the stick in firmly (I kinda gave it a little wiggle to make sure it was in lol). Slot 4 seemed to be the problem for me. Deffinately wasn't CMOS/setting related as the LEDs were reporting a RAM error.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your time and advice Crazy_Nate. Increasing the voltage on my RAM and/or installing the AMD Dual Core Optimizer seems to have fixed my problem. I haven't ran any tests yet, so I'll see how I go from here.

Hi There FupDuk,

Settings are:

CPC Enable

CAS 3

Everything else Auto or default.

I hoovered the slot out and made sure I pushed the stick in firmly (I kinda gave it a little wiggle to make sure it was in lol). Slot 4 seemed to be the problem for me. Deffinately wasn't CMOS/setting related as the LEDs were reporting a RAM error.

Hope that helps

Thanks CrimsonCleaver, looks like I made my last post at the same time as your one. Did you just set the FSB to 254 or did you do it in incremements?