bg8780

Need A Fan To Push Massive Air

Especially the fact that I could never fit on on either side of my TRUE. THe one side would hit my ram and the other would not even fit in the space between the rear fan and its self. If positioned the other way it would not go in due to my psu being in the way and due to my NB HSF being in the way.

All these fans are way to loud at high speeds. I prefer something quiet but still with a decent amount of air flow. It's annoying to try and use the computer and listen to like 2 or 3 of those running

Hence why I bought a Scythe KazeJyuni. 110CFM @ 37db. Heck my videocard is louder than the fan.

Haha I enjoy the rambling, mostly all of you guys are very intelligent and so i learn a lot from you guys. Ramble all you want! :) and man t3mpest that fan is bada$$. you think it would fit on a TRUE and still in my case (Thermaltake armor plus last years model) i would also have to replace my rear exhaust fan too with either the same one or even more CFM. Would be the only sensible thing to do otherwise im just throwing hot air around my case lol.

Edited by bg8780

Haha I enjoy the rambling, mostly all of you guys are very intelligent and so i learn a lot from you guys. Ramble all you want! :) and man t3mpest that fan is bada$$. you think it would fit on a TRUE and still in my case (Thermaltake armor plus last years model) i would also have to replace my rear exhaust fan too with either the same one or even more CFM. Would be the only sensible thing to do otherwise im just throwing hot air around my case lol.

Not to mention that at 2.65amps you cannot run it off any prebuilt controller and will need to make a custom controller to control its speed (rheostat or PWM would both work, although the dual fan arrangement may exibit some strange behavior when controlled by a PWM controller).

Delta is the way to go for high cfm 120s IMO. I run the tri-blade 120mm "SHE" off a regular old sunbeam rheostat controller and it puts out 142cfms, nice static pressure, doesn't pull a lot of amps, and is quiet for its cfm rating. I keep it at almost full tilt 24/7-it is a whisper compared to the 92mm tornado it replaced.

Line up 2 delta gfb's and you have the worlds loudest heatsink (and it pushes massive air!).

There is a point where the airflow required to gain a drop in temperature overcomes any fans ability...

After spending X amount of dollars on a super air setup with a push pull config of two 300cfm fans it starts to get cost prohibitive.

Going over much more than 150cfm on a heatsink is overkill, at 120mm the increase in airflow from 150 to 200cfm (arring some extreme heatsinks or custom designed ones) wont net you that much of a temperature drop without a great increase in nose.

I'm referring to the same depth fan and keeping with a consumer based fan design, some super 120mm fan some where might push 300cfm at 30dba because of some super technical rotary fluctuated blade design...

;)

Edited by Andrewr05

Hence why I bought a Scythe KazeJyuni. 110CFM @ 37db. Heck my videocard is louder than the fan.

Hey those fans are pretty good. The dba to cfm ratio is pretty nice!

I have a Delta 130CFM its pretty damn loud at full pelt, can't imagine 2 of them. Course you would have to supply a hell of a lot of fresh air to the push/pull setup so that may mean putting another one on the front and back of the case to get the airflow consistent, now that would be loud. Its all about how much of a drone you can stand coming from the case. Cant wait until winter to turn the damn thing back down, quieter the better if you ask me.

I have a Delta 130CFM its pretty damn loud at full pelt, can't imagine 2 of them. Course you would have to supply a hell of a lot of fresh air to the push/pull setup so that may mean putting another one on the front and back of the case to get the airflow consistent, now that would be loud. Its all about how much of a drone you can stand coming from the case. Cant wait until winter to turn the damn thing back down, quieter the better if you ask me.

I have noticed that the 3 blade deltas are lower db then the regular for the same cfms or more, and the noise is more of a lower freq hum then an annoying drone. Only downfall is that they are pretty steep in price...

IMO if you want to stay with air cooling and still overclock you *need* a high cfm fan and top-notch heatsinks. These processors are so hot these days!

yeah, those fans are crazy. I am an areospace engineering major and might try to make a jet engine using one as the first stage.

On to the computers, i understand about the noise, i got 5 Scythe 110 CFM fans in my case (CM690) and it gets LOUD when there on full, but you can feel the breeze and the video card stays cool so its all good.