How Computer Technology Is Portrayed In Films

r3d c0m3t

I hate dramatization. Really life is better.

I also like horror films better. Just blood and guts everywhere. That is how I like my movies.

Xly15

Edited by xly15

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I love is the OSes used by these hackers, which use 345 billion lines of code, yet, pressing one key instantly causes several instantaneous accounts of malicious that either shuts your computer down, or prevents you from shutting it off or restarting it, which in turn results in the aforementioned plumes of smoke or detonation. :lol:

Edited by r3d c0m3t

I was watching Casualty last night while waiting for something to come on the TV, UK folks will know what it is, but anyway

This guy was trying to guess someones password, and when he typed it in the box, it displayed the characters, which never happens, and he had spaces too, which aren't allowed :doh:

What also really bugs me about computers in movies are the UI's that the computers use. Most of the time it's some really flashy 3D visualization thing that would hold no practicality whatsoever in the real world.

Also, Live Free or Die Hard is one of the worst movies I've ever seen and I hate it with an intense passion. Must. Avoid. Rant. :P

How about where a hacker takes over someone else's computer while they're in front of it, often even on the phone with the hacker, and it never occurs to anyone to just pull the plug.

I also absolutely love how these hackers have five hundred thousand applications running at the same time and Windows (or whatever kind of uber OS they use) never seems to page any of the applications, or access virtual memory, as if these computers have a limitless capacity of RAM.