All-time Favorite Shooter Game

Rokkaholik

Deus Ex is my favorite FPS(/rpg) by far...

I don't care, that game will never lose its replayability!

If they made an exact replica of the origianl game using a more up to date engine then I would be happier than a pig in feces...

Edited by Andrewr05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doom 2...it's what got me started. Then CS 1.5 & 1.6.

There are different aspects that I like on different games...

Sneaking around and knifing people + extreme competition: CS:S

Crashing a warthog into a tank, jumping out, and destroying it with a flak cannon: UT2k4 (onslaught)

Team based capture the flag: DoD:S or UT2k4

Edit : i'm talking of deus ex

I'm currently playing through it right now (because I have nothing better to do with my time). I have to say i'm very impressed for such an old game.

A sequel (deus ex 3) has been announced not so long ago. It is currently in development. http://www.deusex3.com/

Edited by Factioneer

UT2K4.

UT99 GOTY was up there too, but 2k4 added so much to it that it was by far the most fun I had on any fps. UT3 is also good, even if it feels a bit different, but the stupid thing hardly ever works right and is plagued by crashes.

Shame, it had so much potential.

Other notable mentions are of course Quake 2, Duke Nuke' 3D, and you can't forget the first DOOM and Wolfenstein 3D. Soooo many hours of my youth were wasted on those games :lol:.

I'm currently playing through it right now (because I have nothing better to do with my time). I have to say i'm very impressed for such an old game.
I ought to throw my old discs in and play it for a few weeks...

A sequel (deus ex 3) has been announced not so long ago. It is currently in development. http://www.deusex3.com/
Yea, but it still wont be Deus Ex...

:(

UT2K4.

UT99 GOTY was up there too, but 2k4 added so much to it that it was by far the most fun I had on any fps. UT3 is also good, even if it feels a bit different, but the stupid thing hardly ever works right and is plagued by crashes.

Shame, it had so much potential.

Other notable mentions are of course Quake 2, Duke Nuke' 3D, and you can't forget the first DOOM and Wolfenstein 3D. Soooo many hours of my youth were wasted on those games :lol:.

UT3 crashes... do you have an Xfi, latest drivers and Hardware OpenAL enabled? That's the only thing that causes crashed to me, and it appears to be a known bug. I've had Hardware OpenAL enabled with the drivers off the CD, but the latest drivers make it crash. A LOT. Disabled that and haven't had it crash once since then.

Possibly worth checking out even if you don't have an Xfi.

Duke Nukem and Blood (kicking heads around the place, hell yeah!) were brilliant though.

edit - another good one was err... No One Lives Forever. I quite liked that.

Edited by markiemrboo