Rokkaholik

All-time Favorite Shooter Game

i don't think BF1942 spawned everything.....i think it was operation flashpoint for me that did it...at the time, was the ultimate fps/sim out there

1942 kicked off Desert Combat and then Forgotten Hope. While there have been CS clans for sometime and organized play on ladders CS always had the cheating element associated with it. While Flashpoint I hear was a classic as far as team based organized teamplay BF1942 and its mods are second o none IMO. If you remember Dice scooped up the devs of DC to work for them. BF1942 also rolled into Vietnam, BF2 and BF2142. None of the others had such success.

UT2004 kicks .. No doubt but no one joins a UT2004 clan or gets into organized teamplay. Its rapid fire pubbing. Same with Quake.

I will say TF2 has been really fun the last few weeks. You should be able to get into teamplay but the action moves so fast its real hard sometimes. The most team play is asking Engies to set up SG's at specific spots.

Despite loving BioShock, GoldenEye and Half Life (1,2, and both Episodes)...

Battlefield 2 was by far my favorite shooter. Get a group of 6 together that new what they were doing and you could dominate a match. Great game despite being one of the buggiest games I have ever played.

Single player, HL2 (and the two EP's) It looks totally awsome (the source engine is my favourite as it looks great but is still very gentle on your computer, i love the water) The storyline is completely immersive, and the puzzles are great fun :)

Multiplayer: TF2

As was mentioned before it is really really well balanced and unlike CS:S it is not just about who has the fastest reactions or stays in a pack, it's about finding a way around problems/bottlenecks like a annoyingly placed sentry or a well gaurded corner, and there is always a number of ways to attack while not making it impossible to defend.

Very Well put.

And I agree about Single player...the HL2 series is my fav. by far. FEAR and Bioshock are outstanding games, but nothing can be HL2 for all-around action, fun, problem-solving, story, voice-overs, graphics, immersiveness, etc.

I have to say that Unreal Tournament 1999 is my all time favorite FPS game

:withstupid:

That game made a huge impact on me.

MOHAA has been my first real shooter. It introduced me to online play and all. I would have to choose it. CS:S comes second.

no one joins a UT2004 clan or gets into organized teamplay.

I played European leagues in a UT2k4 clan for a while, and even when playing on public servers where players had no clan affiliation, often you'd see people that you have played with/against before, and start to work co-operatively in team games using team chat to update each other on where you are and what objective/weapons/vehicles you are going for / just got...

Obviously there are noob servers, full of idiots... but look around and you'll find some where people really get into it :)

STALKER, maybe a little rough when you first start but add a couple of mods and your going! HL2 and CS:S also are very high on my list.

Quake 4...the initial release was terrible, the current community is terrible but....

The release of the latest version of Q4max and id's implementation of crouchsliding makes the game excellent

Crouchsliding in itself will probably make me avoid any other FPS in the next couple years unless it takes advantage of the concept.

Between HL2 and Bioshock. Though I loved Bioshock a lot I'd have to give it to HL2.

Duke Nukem 3D

Has to be my favorite of all time, and the runner up is cs/cs:s (cs:s is all i play now). Im not sure why it was my favorite, it just is because it has an awesome that cant be described. I played this game online back in the 56k days with a program called "Kali95" which was similar to gamespy arcade. i went by [LYF]Jack_Ruby and my dad was [LOF]Lee_Harvey. (lethal young farts/lethal old farts). at the time i was only 11-14 years of age and i spent hours each day on this game until my parents limited me to a specific time each day during the week. (weekends were unlimited YAAY) i have ALL the expansion packs, even the duke assault map pack you bought in the store with over 1500 multiplayer maps. i still play this game atleast once a month or so because its just that awesome. if anyone has an old pc with a modem we should try to set it up and play it oldschool...and you may get PWNED.