Logitech Logo

ClayMeow

Green part's the palm of your hand, black part is the body of the hand (can't remember the name), and the dashes are fingers. The red one represents the index finger of the right hand, since Logitech is largely right-hand oriented. (Theory)

Thats the most likely to be true Theory I've seen. Perhaps its only three fingers because you use three with a mouse. Plus they were making mice before anything else.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the old Logitech logo, the squiggle does look more eye-like... the teal thing is there, but is more square... and the splat things are there too... so I guess they're symbolic, probably along the lines of Symantec's erm... explanation, but really, more like Clay's :lol:

• 5 months later...

okay here is MY theory:

The original logo had the green part more square and flat (not the new flashy curved and 3d look). Also it had 3 black lines and 1 red as opposed to the new 2 black lines and 1 red.

I THINK the green represents the green circuit board inside the mouse, the black squiggle represents the mouse cord (tangled) and and the lines coming out represent the three ground wires and the +5V wire.

just my opinion based on the original logo, a logitech circuit diagram and an image of an disassembled early logitech mouse.

Cheers!

I thought about that before. The best I could come up with is the green could be like the palm rest on a 'gel' mouse pad. The black squiggle could be the mouse, and the three rays could be: top red = mouse left click, center = center wheel, bottom = right mouse button. The top ray is red, indicating it is being 'clicked' to insinuate the logitech product being used 'in action.'

Probably not right, but I don't have a very good imagination.

Since we have resurrected an old thread for which we never got a satisfactory explanation coupled with the fact that I am procrastinating on fulfilling other duties for OCC, I have taken upon myself, in my official capacity as Senior News Editor, to e-mail this very question to Logitech's media relations department. I will, of course, post their reply in all due haste (assuming they take my query seriously) :lol:

http://assets1.logitech.com/logitechpress/...mp;asset=28166#

It's an eye crossed with a mouse. That's well obvious. It's left over from a time when there was obviously a large gap in talent in the graphic design industry and everyone was obsessed with 'humanistic' design (i.e. bollocks)

/thread

The only thing the link mentions as to what the logo represents is the following:

"The key element of the logo is the central eye"

That still doesn't explain the teardrop-like green thing on the left, the three "rays", nor why the top "ray" is red.