Newb To Computer Building

Lhiannon

You could have a hot chip, or uneven heat sinks, or try ultra 120.

Here is a link to more than you want to know about C2D temps. Can't vouch for veracity but looks impressive.:lol:

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/263821...omputronix.html

Summary:

Scale 1: Duo

E4x00: Tcase Max 73c, Stepping M0

E2xx0: Tcase Max 73c, Stepping M0

E8x00: Tcase Max 72c, Stepping C0

E8x90: Tcase Max 72c, Stepping C0

E6x50: Tcase Max 72c, Stepping G0

E6540: Tcase Max 72c, Stepping G0

-Tcase/Tjunction-

--70--/--75--75-- Hot

--65--/--70--70-- Warm

--60--/--65--65-- Safe

--25--/--30--30-- Cool

Edited by Syngensmyth

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any different advice for you than what has already been suggested. But for reference I thought I would tell you what my temps are at on my machine since i'm running the same processor at the same OC speed.

Checking bios, speedfan, realtemp and coretemp I do get varying results. But I tend to think that that is due to Intel not releasing the proper info on the tjmax and things like that. I'm no guru when it comes to the technical aspect of this, but I tend to lean towards what realtemp and the bios tells me mostly with this processor.

Bios and realtemp idle temps are about the same ranging from 34-38c, load temps are usually right around 55-60c. Coretemp will tell me about 7-10c more than this, and other programs seem to be inbetween those two readings. I am using a Tuniq 120, not lapped cause i'm lazy sorry folks, with a scythe s-flex for a fan on it. I recommend the TRUE, but the Tuniq was a good buy and the TRUE was out of stock when I did my build.

Hope that gives you a target at least anyway, I run that machine like that all the time too btw, though I don't keep my gaming machine on 24/7.

Question; (and I apologize if this was already asked as i didn't read the whole thread) did you have to raise voltage on cpu at all? Cause I did not, though I may of left the voltage on auto. It's been a few months since I did it.

What voltage are you running at? Also, have you checked the flatness of your heatsink? For some reason I'm thinking you have the Zalman 9700, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you do, that should be pretty flat. Check it anyways no matter what you have.

sorry took so long to get back, been a bit busy lately.

ok, so, the voltage is stock. i havent messed around with it at all. also, when i re-seated the cooler, i had a look at the bottom of both the cooler and the top of the chip. granted, i just eyeballed it, but i couldnt see any warping. given that the cooler is a direct touch heatpipe style, its not exactly one flat surface.

you know what, here we go, well do it like this...

check it.

Capture.jpg

i really appreciate all the comments guys.

and a new sig, just for you, syngen.

Edited by Lhiannon

Nice sig. :lol:

For some reason I also thought you were using Zalman.

Will have to defer to someone with an 8400 for temps. But yes those xigmatek s-1283 types have an odd base. I wondered how these would lap. Here is a post. Notice the pics of the lapped Xigmatek in the first post.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/246993-2...formula-arrived

I pirated a pic for you. :lol:

mg3762ck0.jpg