Recommendation For A New Cell Phone

Nerm

Well, I am needing to get a new cell phone. I have Verizon as my carrier. Anyone have any recommendations?

+1 for Sony Ericsson

I'm currently on a Samsung U600 and hate it. I have tried so many phones now ... Samsung are not built as well as they look ... Nokia build quality is frankly dodgy these days and battery life is a joke ... LG are a bit like Samsung ...

Sony Ericsson can be a bit weird looking, but tend to have excellent battery life, decent menu software and Cyber Shot CCDs, making them better than just about any other camera phone.

I have the K850i, and the phone itself functions magnificently, the only slight negative about it is the cursor keys are laid out inside the number pad and are quite thin, so it's a bit harder to navigate or text-message than phones with a separate D-pad/joystick.

The things I like about it are: it has a massive screen, 5MP camera with instant access buttons on the side, video recording and Xenon flash, memory card support (up to 2GB? mine came with 512MB), MP3/MP4/AAC ringtones (mine is Bobby Prince - "At Doom's Gate", the first level music of Doom 1), MP3/MP4/AAC alarm (can make your alarm anything you want), you can rotate pictures/videos/games 90

My girlfriend and I have Verizon too. She just got her new phone from the new-every-two plan and mine's coming up pretty soon, so we've been looking too. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed with the selection. It seems like everything they have is built around text messaging which neither of us does at all. I am actually thinking about just sticking with my Motorola Q that's two years old. My girlfriend ended up getting the LG Rizr (I think that's the name). It's a slider.

It would help to know what kind of features you want though.

My girlfriend and I have Verizon too. She just got her new phone from the new-every-two plan and mine's coming up pretty soon, so we've been looking too. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed with the selection. It seems like everything they have is built around text messaging which neither of us does at all. I am actually thinking about just sticking with my Motorola Q that's two years old. My girlfriend ended up getting the LG Rizr (I think that's the name). It's a slider.

It would help to know what kind of features you want though.

That is similar to the boat I am in. I hate txt messaging and most of the verizon phones are built on that philosophy of use which presents a problem for me.

I am beginning to think about a smart phone so I can use it at work. Even though I have a PDA with a smart phone I would only need one device instead of carrying around two.

For a smartphone style mediaphone unit thingy I quite like the HTC s621...

I have never personally used the device and I have noide ifyou ca get it through Verizon but its cheap and it has some nice features...

Edited by Andrewr05

Does anyone know the difference between the Email and Web for BlackBerry plan and the Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage plans from Verizon?

I was looking at the LG Dare, but am not sure that is what I am looking for. It basically looks like a crappy knock off of the iPhone. lol

I am beginning to lean toward the BlackBerry Curve 8330. Anyone have any experience with it?

Does anyone know the difference between the Email and Web for BlackBerry plan and the Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage plans from Verizon?

I already had a family plan with verizon, and I switched to the 8830 in march with the Email and Web for BB at $29.99/mo. My wife added a curve to the family on Mother's Day at an additional $29.99. I was told that the only difference in the $30 and $45 plans was BES support. If your company has a Blackberry Enterprise Server and wants to control your mail and maintain some admin/support capabilities then the $45 plan is for you. If you want to just have UNLIMITED web, and up to 10 POP3/IMAP accounts on your phone, then the $30 is fine. Tethering is an additional $10/mo though with either plan.

Keep in mind the pricing is based on adding BB as an OPTION to an existing voice plan.

btw: wife and I LOVE the blackberries!!

Edited by upok