Sign in to follow this  
jack_of_java

What To Do...oh What To Do...

I'm considering upgrading my graphics cards. What would be your opinions for gaming on a 30" Dell 3007WFP-HD monitor...2x4870's in cf, or wait for a 4870x2 to come out?

Edited by jack_of_java

Personally I'd wait to see what they X2 can do if you aren't dying to get a new video card. I got raped by my 2900XT when I jumped the gun on it. :P

The X2 has centralised memory which means smoother performance than equivalent separate cards.

How long are you willing to wait? I wasn't so I went with 4870's and have been more than happy.

I can wait til the x2's come out. Right now I have a pair of 3870x2's that are going to be going on ebay. I think I jumped the gun when I purchased 2 3870x2's. Do you think I need a pair of the 4870x2's when they come out to push that 30" monitor? Or will one be sufficient? Also, what is the expected release date? I've seen everything from June to late August on various forums (yes, yes...i know June is gone by the wayside).

Edited by jack_of_java