Sign in to follow this  
get_saif

Audio Compression

Well, my friend came up 2 me and was asking me how to compress an audio ( .mp3 ) which is around 2mb to fit in his sony ericsson mobile (k320i).

I tried searching for tools to compress audio, but in fact facing all vedio compressors..

Does any one know of any software ? freeware, shareware, etc.., which i can suggest him to imply in solution toward compression of audio files.

Sony Ericcson phones come with software that allows you to do this... I've had a W810i and currently a K850i...

I don't use the SE software though...

You could convert it to 64kbps, 16 bit, 22kHz, mono, MP3 or AAC (Low Complexity)

dBpoweramp can do this, and has a free trial: http://www.download.com/dBpoweramp-Music-C...cdlPid=10847946

also, iTunes can convert to AAC, although I've never used it so I don't know if you can change encode settings... your friend might not want to install iTunes anyway lol

dBPoweramp gets my vote, Sony Disc2Phone is alright too but IIRC it makes you install .net

You're probably best doing a listening test with a few songs encoded at different bit rates and formats to see just how low you can set the bitrate without much loss in perceivable audio quality.