Gentlemen, is it really necessary to have the I/O panel for your motherboard. I bought a used MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard but it came without the I/O panel. I have all the parts necessary to build a web browsing computer for my wife with this motherboard. I found a guy selling them on E Bay but he wants $11 for the panel and $7 for shipping. I have tried contacting MSI but have not heard back from them yet. I know without the panel the plugs might not be grounded to the case so that is why I am asking, don't want to zap anything with static buildup....

Thanks for your reply Praz. I did do a search but found nothing. I guess my searching skills are not as good as yours....

You're welcome. I'd use it as is and continue trying to get somewhere with MSI. $18.00 total is a bit steep to be paying.

Thanks all...think I'll go wide open for now. Not going to spend that kind of money on a $ .50 hunk of spring steel with holes in it....might try to make one myself out of plastic.

i quit using them years ago, motherboard manu's have so many different configs now, fergetaboutit...plus it offers a bit more air flow outta the case uninstalled....

be prudent with your plugins as mentioned...

laterzzzz...........

Every time I buy a used board I don't get the back plate. What do people do with these things!!!! But yes plugging things in/out is a little nerve wracking without the plate support.

I'm looking for an IO plate for a Gigabyte 965P-DS3. But I can live without it, too.

Actually, they are used not only to phisically support ports, theres a reason it's actually called an I/O shield. It blocks some invisible stuff from getting out of your case and screw around your house :ph34r:

Edited by Zertz