Bosco

Another Dirty Computer

It's always good to stand up to something you know your right about. Just cause people are instructors, teachers, etc doesn't make them any smarter than someone else.

Unless it's high school...

I went through that exact same thing in high school as well, but I was even more snarky about it and said "It's a tower, not a CPU, what you're referring to is what's placed into or soldered onto the motherboard."

Arsehole, aren't I? :P

Rather then creating another thread about this sort of thing I figured I would just keep going on this one. Ya ya ya I revived an old thread sue me :lol:

So this showed up today. Damage so far, Video Card and PSU are both toast. Harddrive is corrupt due to the crash trying to fix that as we speak.

DSCF0408.JPG

DSCF0409.JPG

DSCF0410.JPG

DSCF0413.JPG

DSCF0415.JPG

Does that CPU fan even spin at this point?

This reminds me that I need to clean my case.

I usually do it every other week but its been 3.5 at this point...

I worked on a comp about maybe 2 months ago i want to say.

i went to take off the front plate of the case, as it came off a dead mouse falls out

i was like offended, i thought it was a joke it was so nasty

I'll have to see if I can find some pictures from the repair shop I used to work at. Three computers stand out. The first is a must for pictures. I'll look around tonight.

1) The boyfriend thought the computer was running toasty so he took off the heatsink, broke the tabs, cleaned off the CPU and then reattached the heatsink with hair ties. Amazingly enough all we had to do was replace the heatsink and brackets, he got off very lucky!

2) A dairy farmer buys a new PC from us every year. Brings in the old one for us to dispose of. I guess the PC is in the barn and monitors the milking machines? Both times I've gotten these PC's from him they were brown (started off white) and had at least 1.5" of sand at the bottom.

3) We get a lot of smokers computers, which is fine. But one computer was so bad that we had to go down the street and buy car air fresheners and hang them around the fans. No matter how many times you cleaned it you always got that nasty tar off.

What kind of video card was in that last one Dave? It looks at least halfway decent.

I worked on a comp about maybe 2 months ago i want to say.

i went to take off the front plate of the case, as it came off a dead mouse falls out

i was like offended, i thought it was a joke it was so nasty

LOL!

By the way Andrew, im the same as you lot because i have such an innate sense of right and wrong and i just have to speak out against it. I got into some sirious trouble all the time with Multiple teachers wherever i went, (still, i always got top marks) because they were wrong, and they just cant seem to take it can they? boy they can be so immature sometimes eh? just own up and get on with the lesson But Nooooo, we have to get into a huge pointless argument where im the Beauty and she's the troll :rolleyes: - after its clear neither of us is getting though to the other i either got chucked out of the lesson or the head Teacher/mistess was called (calling in the cavalry :lol:)

But i just think its important to speak out when somethings not right, yknow? and as teachers they are expected to know more than the students about what they are teaching, instead of the other way arround.. hmm maybe thats why i always lost interest in classes :lol:

What kind of video card was in that last one Dave? It looks at least halfway decent.

Looks like an XFX 9800GTX to me ;)

Edited by SenitaL

Those pictures are gross. I don't see how it's difficult to use compressed air once in a while.

Generally, if you don't hear fans anymore that suggests that something's up.

Just cause people are instructors, teachers, etc doesn't make them any smarter than someone else.

QFT

Does that CPU fan even spin at this point?

This reminds me that I need to clean my case.

I usually do it every other week but its been 3.5 at this point...

Surpising after it was cleaned it still worked go figure :lol:

Wow that's nasty just plain nasty :O The heat-sink looks like it was used as a cheese press it's so clogged.

Oh and the webbing gives it an artistic touch.

Some people :unsure: