Sign in to follow this  
geekylicious

Sapphire 4850 Crossfire Help Please

i've just purchased 2 sapphire 4850s and i've tried connecting the interconnect bridges a couple of times but im still getting the error message stating that my "internal bridge interconnects linking your crossfire graphics cards are not properly connected. both bridge interconnects must be attached."

the thing is, both of my interconnect bridges are connected and i've tried several times connecting them in both directions.

i've seriously no clue as to what else to do.

help please?

there are several things you may try...

the 1st is you only need one bridge installed.

the only time you need two or more is if you have 3 or 4 cards installed.

what driver are you using?

have you checked in your BIOS to see if there is a setting to enable crossfire?

do you have all the power connectors connected to the cards?

what OS?

what PSU?

Check out this ATI instructional video on CF. You need both bridges installed. Link

there are several things you may try...

the only time you need two or more is if you have 3 or 4 cards installed.

what driver are you using?

have you checked in your BIOS to see if there is a setting to enable crossfire?

do you have all the power connectors connected to the cards?

what OS?

what PSU?

both my bridges are seated on the cards. but my bios do not have any features to enable crossfire.. and yup i definitely have both 6pin power connectors connected to the cards.

im on vista 64bit

corsair HX620w PSU.

i really cant get this damn thing to work. sigh...

ok.. all my drivers are already up to date. even my catalyst drivers and hotfix. i've updated everything i can, swapped the cards, uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers, even changing the bridges today.

im on a gigabyte ep35-ds4 mobo. and i dont think that my mobo cant support crossfire..

maybe someone would like to tell me how to tightly seat my bridges? they seem to be fitted right on the cards but loose when i touch em

maybe someone would like to tell me how to tightly seat my bridges? they seem to be fitted right on the cards but loose when i touch em

I can't really say how tight they should be, the bridges on my 4870's are very tightly seated, so tight in fact that it takes a little effort to remove them.

Are both bridges in the same orientation? I assume they are as you stated you have tried both directions...

Edited by watsonte

i have been running Crossfire X with a 3870X2 and a 3870 card for quite sometime.

i have also run dual 3870X2 cards.

all using just one bridge between cards.

i have also run the 3870X2 and two 3870 cards (3 cards) with just one bridge between each card.

if it was true you needed both bridges installed, you would be up a creek if you tried to add a 3rd card...

i know it may show both installed in that video, but my own experience is only one is needed.

unless the dual bridge is something new to the 48 series cards...

if that is true, there will be no triple or quad 48 series setups possible.

there is some pretty good help in the Rage 3D forum where the ATI testers hang out...

post-18473-1215448309_thumb.jpg

i have been running Crossfire X with a 3870X2 and a 3870 card for quite sometime.

i have also run dual 3870X2 cards.

all using just one bridge between cards.

i have also run the 3870X2 and two 3870 cards (3 cards) with just one bridge between each card.

if it was true you needed both bridges installed, you would be up a creek if you tried to add a 3rd card...

i know it may show both installed in that video, but my own experience is only one is needed.

unless the dual bridge is something new to the 48 series cards...

if that is true, there will be no triple or quad 48 series setups possible.

there is some pretty good help in the Rage 3D forum where the ATI testers hang out...

Well, I have never used any of the previous ATI cards, however, the instructions state that two bridges should be connected. I do not know if this new, I do know that each cards comes with its own bridge, and that reviews at tweaktown (I think) make mention of the use of both bridges.

While I see your point regarding 3 cards, I can only go by what the instruction manual says.

As far as I know for a dual card setup both crossfire bridges need to be connected in order for crossfire to work on the new hd48 series.

Also crossfireX i.e. with more than 2 cards is possible with hd48 series, it requires a different configuration that's all; with the first card going to the second, 2nd to 3rd etc.