Please Help Me With Overclocking My Processor

zheka

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok the first thing is the Performance Enhance set that to "Standard", and then set the DRAM selectable to "Manual" and set the first 4 numbers to 5, 5, 5, 12 and leave the rest on Auto. Give that a try

Ok on the advanced feature, Disable CPU Enhance Halt + The CPU EIST + Full screen logo (so you can see your post screen)

EDIT: What temps do you get in the system monitor page of the BIOS just to make sure your heasink is doing the job, you want around the 30's or under for your CPU and maybe 35 -40 for your Mobo

Edited by Branjo

Good your heatsink is performing well. In all honesty I would stick with XP, but if you are used to Vista then all you can do is try. Might be a good idea to fully update XP first (at least to SP2+hotfixes) for some reason SP3 doesn't like something in my PC.

i'll just try with two stick of ram, and try installing it later once more, if still no luck, then i'll stay with XP...

now what do i need to do, to change my CPU clocks and so on? to get the best of what i have

Edited by zheka

At the moment leave everything at normal speeds until you are sure of stability, in XP give a few programs a try like OCCT and Prime95 they will put your CPU and memory through its paces and if they give no errors then you can start overclocking the beast lol

Edited by Branjo

OCCT will do both, there is a little drop down list that has CPU or RAM and Mix for both. the one hour test should be enough in OCCT as your not overclocking yet so its just to see if 100% has any dire effects. When you start overclocking then the time you run them for becomes more important, like for prime usually should run for 8 hours without an error to fully test an overclock.

But for now OCCT should be all you need.

EDIT: for prime just unpack the files and run the green exe file, select small FFT if memory serves me correctly and it will start 2 threads one for each core and it will take your CPU usage to 100% and give your RAM a good testing too, OCCT will do the same though.

Edited by Branjo