God....gainward Comes Up With The Best Decals

damian

A lot of good that amazing decal does when it's facing down towards the ground 99% of the time. I've said this(or something along these lines) before but I don't care if my video card is raging neon pink as long as it does its job well. Now if that sweet sticker somehow improved performance or thermal dissipation I'd be applauding their efforts. But I would rather have had them spend their money improving their products performance instead of paying some guy to make a sweet sticker.

But in their defense, it does look pretty spiffy. Reminds me of the game Prey...

Edited by iKillSteal

A lot of good that amazing decal does when it's facing down towards the ground 99% of the time. I've said this(or something along these lines) before but I don't care if my video card is raging neon pink as long as it does its job well. Now if that sweet sticker somehow improved performance or thermal dissipation I'd be applauding their efforts. But I would rather have had them spend their money improving their products performance instead of paying some guy to make a sweet sticker.

But in their defense, it does look pretty spiffy. Reminds me of the game Prey...

Its the same effect as the Honda Type R sticker.

looks pretty lame to me... I don't have decals on any of my graphics cards and never have had them

Exactly, any stickers come off along with the stock cooling and sit in a box somewhere.

I've never got the whole thing with flashy box art really either, considering I imagine a large amount of sales are online where a box doesn't really matter much.

Save some ink (and a load of the other stuff to do with getting snazzy images onto the box) and stick it in brown recycled cardboard (which I'm sure could be creatively decorated in some other way).

Edited by jammin

Don't take our responses too seriously. We all understand how they try and make things look cool by doing that but it's a wasted effort except when trying to get sales. Ask yourself, do you even see the face of your video card when it's in your computer or do you see the back of it's PCB? Or do you even see it at all(for those folks without windows)? Sure it looks cool but every little frivolous detail like that jacks up the price we have to pay. I for one am not a big fan of the "sticker premium" that's forced on us by some providers.

while it is true what you say but if you read the OP it stated what company do you "think" makes the best decals, i wasn't trying to start a thread talking about facts, numbers, and marketing just having fun at the art

well this is getting off topic can a mod lock this?

while it is true what you say but if you read the OP it stated what company do you "think" makes the best decals, i wasn't trying to start a thread talking about facts, numbers, and marketing just having fun at the art

well this is getting off topic can a mod lock this?

In that case, I dont really have a favorite. I dont mind the industrial metal look from EVGA on my 8800GTS though.

I've always wondered why Graphics cards makers don't swap things around on their cards so we can actually see the cool graphics and fans on them once they're installed in our cases.