Dualies

My boss wants to upgrade his rig, but he "needs" (boss speak for, I have surpluss so Im buying toys for myself :)) dual cpus. Ive convinced him to go AMD :D, and he is looking at the new 64 bit jobs. Can anyone suggest the cpu's to buy? I dont know much about dualies. At the same time, can anyone suggest a board to buy wo go along with them? I know this is the wron thread for mobo stuff, but Im too lazy to make 2 threads.

Whenever I hear 'good' and 'Canadian' I think of either ShopRBC or NCIX

They're probably the best in Canada for prices. I prefer shopRBC because I deal with them all the time, and they definately have good customer relations. Not to mention that handy PriceMatch feature, just in case somewhere else is running a better price

Opteron 242s

Opteron Mainboards

Registered ECC RAM

While you're at it, get your boss to buy me a computer like that too :P

yeah, it's expensive :) but all in all those prices are NOT bad next to what I paid in american $$$.

of course you get what you pay for in a system like that. FAST is good, but stability is also a major issue in a system like that.

So this is a stable system?

Its going to be an office PC, so we dont need stellar graphics and all that jazz, but it will be a .NET compiler server, and do some other processor intensive shyte. I imagine it will hold up eh?