8800 Gts Ocing Question

I have recently purchased a BFG 8800 GTS OC 650/1750/950 from futureshop because the XFX 8800GT fan was stuck and it pissed me off...and the GTS was only another $70 (was on sale) and my mobo doesnt support SLI so wanted something somewhat powerful...but not super expensive

long story short i OCed it to 790/1950/1120...and when playing CNC3 at max setting it is only at 60 degrees and running 80% Fan (have it preset to raise fan when temps increase)... i ran ATITool for 20 minutes...only "real" artifacts were the very rare dot...which i don't think is major...

my question to you guys is it safe to OC it that high, and will i severely hurt it by running it so high? i have no problem scaling it back...as i did not expect it to even approach these numbers...anywho...inputs!

That temperature is fine and if you aren't seeing any artifacts then you have nothing to worry about.

I agree. You have nothing to worry about. So long as there are no artifacts on the screen and the GPU temp is in the lower 70's under load then you are fine. In fact, you may be able to push it slightly more. Try playing various games at your current OC to see if it artifacts in anything else.