Sign in to follow this  
czGLoRy

Reformatted, System Still Slow/freezing.

My computer had been slow lately but nothing too bad until this morning, it was pretty u nbearable, so I decided it was time to reformat. I delete the partition, reformat, and reinstall kaspersky and the drivers for the video card and mobo. The computer is still so slow and everything is freezing up really badly. I had to force-shut off the computer, restart it and its totally fine for a while, fast as can be, then out of nowhere it grinds to a hault again. The whole time, there is no cpu usage going on, but all of my windows and programs are "not responding". Won't let me reboot again.

I don't understand whats happening.. it shouldn't be doing thsi right after a reformat, I am using a router and had an AV program on right away. If anyone knows what it might be, Id appreciate some help! thanks

What happens if you run OCCT v2.0 (Infinite, CPU) ?

apart from the drivers and stuff,

1) any particular site with infection history did u visit?

2) any software like a crack or something?

3) try using hijackthis and post the stuff here!

4) check if any drivers haven't been installed in device manager, this also might b slowing it.

The best is hijackthis, and try finding hidden services / programs running background.

Ok, so, if you *just* reformatted and reinstalled, short of having a virus on another hard drive / partition, the only thing I can think of is to make sure your computer is stable.

Check your BIOS for any problems (voltages, timings, CPC, etc), memtest / prime, watch temperatures. Not sure how well 4 DIMMs play with the 650i, maybe try 667 instead of 800

you just reformatted and did a fresh install, yes? that taxes your system pretty good, so normally the install will not go smoothly...so with that in mind......

check the HD with the manu's diagnostic, I have had HD's in the past that would take an install, but then just slow down for no apparent reason after the ship was tight and ready to go, and as Crazy Nate stated, run memtest, check your temps, and adjust your mem runnings. just maybe....I fought my 8 gigs of Adata pc2-6400 stuffs for a couple of weeks, then, after hours of testing/adjusting and paying close attention to an AM2 DDR2 Divider printout (a must to understanding actual mem speeds), I won the fight (pc2-1000 clockage), and the rig just screams now. I though all along it was the MB that was funky, not....

good luck...

laterzzz....

Edited by bldegle2

Okay this just hit my mind..., just check if u have any cd/dvd in rom, or any external H.D connected to your system.. and lastly check if u have any Usb - pendrive connected when you start your comp. Remove them during a start run .. These tend to slow your comp very much during kick start..

I had got to this conclusion when my Vista suddenly went so slow , like used to take 10min to start up.. had tried formating and what not, hence this was the simple solution which tensed me for hours of installation. .

Check it out.