Does He Exist?

damian

I must admit Im not suprised by all of the responses, you seem to always get one end of the spectrum, whether it be for relgion or against. But, the fact of the matter is now one in their right mind would give a (choose explicative) what any of us think. Ideology and whether or not one believes in a higher power(s) is something that should be decided by each individual person. If this is enough to convince someone that something does exist fine, if not thats fine too. I dont think there is any need to bash any particular religion or belief system simply because you have some unfounded distane for it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit Im not suprised by all of the responses, you seem to always get one end of the spectrum, whether it be for relgion or against. But, the fact of the matter is now one in their right mind would give a (choose explicative) what any of us think. Ideology and whether or not one believes in a higher power(s) is something that should be decided by each individual person. If this is enough to convince someone that something does exist fine, if not thats fine too. I dont think there is any need to bash any particular religion or belief system simply because you have some unfounded distane for it.

I dont think it is right for the religious people to go around trying to push religion on other people either. Perfect example Saturday I was at a funeral and it is a shame that the pastor uses that opportunity to try to get people to come to his church and off course you can make you checks out to such and such , this is not the first time I have seen this at funerals either. One thing I can not stand is other people trying to tell me what I need to do and not do and try to get me to go to their church...

I dont think it is right for the religious people to go around trying to push religion on other people either. Perfect example Saturday I was at a funeral and it is a shame that the pastor uses that opportunity to try to get people to come to his church and off course you can make you checks out to such and such , this is not the first time I have seen this at funerals either. One thing I can not stand is other people trying to tell me what I need to do and not do and try to get me to go to their church...

I agree with you, it has to go both ways. The belief in something should be an individual

I've already made a pact with Satan. The more people I turn away from Christianity, the higher position I get in Hell.

Why do people always say that? Satan isn't the ruler of hell. Hell is actually a prison for Satan. The Bible actually refers to Satan as being the prince of earth (John 3:21). So Satan has power over the earth but will be judged in the end (John 16:11).

Just thought I'd share that.

Also, I never try to push religion on anyone. I tell them what I believe and then the choice is theirs. You're free to tell me what you believe as I'm free to tell you what I believe, that's what's so great about the USofA.

Why do people always say that? Satan isn't the ruler of hell. Hell is actually a prison for Satan. The Bible actually refers to Satan as being the prince of earth (John 3:21). So Satan has power over the earth but will be judged in the end (John 16:11).

Just thought I'd share that.

Also, I never try to push religion on anyone. I tell them what I believe and then the choice is theirs. You're free to tell me what you believe as I'm free to tell you what I believe, that's what's so great about the USofA.

Satan isn't the ruler of hell because the bible says so? Really? You want to go with that argument with people who don't believe in god or the bible to begin with? Nice one.

Satan isn't the ruler of hell because the bible says so? Really? You want to go with that argument with people who don't believe in god or the bible to begin with? Nice one.

Yeah.

My thought on religion is that there is no God, but I believe in acting like a christian. (good morals, not being a total jackass, ect)

So you're saying Christianity has a monopoly on what constitutes good human behavior?

"Bart: What religion are you?

Homer: You know, the one with all the well-meaning rules that don't work out in real life. Uh... Christianity."

:lol: