Advice On New Build Please

WitNit

Hello...first time poster so be gentle. :blink:

I have most of my parts picked out and have purchased some of them already. I'm just having trouble deciding on memory. This build will be used mainly for gaming.

CASE: Antec Nine Hundred (purchased/@ home)

CPU: Intel E8500 OEM (purchased/in route)

MOBO: Was going to go for a P45 board but I'm now thinking of a X48. The one I'm leaning towards now is the Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4. Any other suggestions?

RAM: This is where I'm really not sure. Was just going to go for the "standard" DDR2 800 but since I want to oc the E8500 should I go for 1000 (PC2 8000) or even 1066 (PC2 8500)? Was thinking of this Mushkin Redline DDR2 1000 or for DDR2 1066 either this Mushkin or this Corsair. Any ideas? Do I need this higher memory in order to better oc the cpu?

PSU: PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750w (not purchased yet)

GPU: XFX 8800GTS G92 512MB Alpha Dog Edition (already have this one in my current system and will put it in this new build. My old 7900GTX will go in current system and will be handed down to kids)

HDD: Seagate 7200.11 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s (not purchased yet) How much faster are the WD Raptors 10,000rpm 16MB Cache than these 32MB Cache Seagates?

CPU COOLER: Thermalright Ultima-90 & Scythe S-FLEX fan (purchased/in route)

OS: XP Pro (will be purchasing Vista at a later date and setting up a dual boot option)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by WitNit

Can anyone give some advice on RAM and/or motherboard? Not sure if I should get 1066, 1000 or 800 speed memory since I want to oc the cpu.

Thank you.

Uantyv- As I stated in the first post I already have the video card that I will be using for this build. I do appreciate the advice though.

Some kind folks at another forum happily answered my rookie questions. This forum is too advanced for me I guess. Sorry to bother you all.

-Out

Huh now don't run off this forum can be slow at times. For a motherboard I'd suggest one of DFI's X38 or X48 offerings if your going for a crossfire setup. For ram either G.skill or OCZ.

Edited by Compxpert