why the Tuniq Tower rules

My Gigabyte motherboard crippled itself today. My CPU_FAN header does not spin the fan anymore (I know the fan works due to moving it to another header). I am going to check the voltages as soon as I finish up a few things and shut the computer down. And this is where the Tuniq Tower rules. I am running passive, and my temps are 44-42-39-39 on my CPU, only about 5ºc hotter than with active cooling. Now granted I cannot play any games, but I still think that this is kinda cool.

I would have never know about it if MBM5 didn't alert me. At the time I was installing COD4, watching the latest Scrubs episode, and converting last seasons episodes to put on my Samsung P2, and MBM gave me a warning of CPU-0 running at 155 (relax, I use fahrenheit, its only about 68c). Then I looked down to my G15 and all my temps were high, so I opened the case up and saw that the fan wasn't spinning. All I did was stop the video converter for my scrubs episodes, and the temps calmed down whilst I investigated (still installing COD4 and watching the latest show, mind you).

So that is my story. Now on to talking to Newegg and Gigabyte about a replacement. I think it is mainly becuase I bought the first revision, I'm sure they have updated some little bugs, and hopefully my new board will be new (and not a refurb. I'm looking at you, dell) and the latest revision. Tootles!

Arrrg!!

Okay, this is fubared. My CPU fan will work for about an hour or two after the comp is turned on, but it eventually just stops. All power to the CPU_FAN header on the mobo is lost. even if I restart I don't have power. I have to turn the computer off and let it cool down completely before restarting it. I requested an RMA from newegg, just in case. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem?

I would post this on OCC, but my account validation will not go through... seems to be a popular problem right now, but no biggie :)