Sign in to follow this  
amond

Help!Blackness!

A friend of mine was using my comp.she was messing with some settings now my desktop,taskbar and basically anything I can type on is nothing but black. including the search feature of google.the only things I can see are icons.I am using Windows XP home.Is there anyway to reset a disater like this?ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Guest thespin

Try going to your display properties (right click on desktop) and setting both 'themes' and 'appearance' to Windows Classic ...

I can't take a screenshot as I cannot see anything in the new window that pops up.I cannot adjust the display properties either as I cannot see the new window. i can only see icons.

Guest thespin

Use F8 when loading windows to boot Safe Mode with VGA support. Hopefully, this may make a difference in the display allowing you to make adjustments ...

Since you can't see anything...download the vbscript that I attached and run it. It will change your theme back to windows classic and hopefully fix what she did.