What is going on here?

The brown line is me trying to trace the path I made with a shape/line tool.

habutest.jpg

I don't have any nerve/muscle problems or degeneration. It is my mouse, mouse pad, or software.

What kind of mouse do you have? What kind of mousepad are you using (or surface)?

My G5 is impeccably smooth on just about anything...however, I've had opticals that were horrible with mousepads with printing on them.

Yeah optical mice are awful jumpy....maybe you should find a mouse trap and get rid of that bugger....maybe even recruit Bill Murray to take care of it for you....

The fact that the mouse is drifting on a horizontal and vertical basis, means the surface you are using it on has a small pattern on it maybe like graph paper, I have seen some expensive mouse mats with a checker like effect on them, opticals don't like patterns even a wood grain can give this effect. Try it on a piece of blank A4 paper. It could even be a small piece of dust or a fine hair that has stuck to the lens give it a quick blast of air. If it still does it then then try reinstalling the software and if it still does it then I would say the mouse is dying.

Habu on a cloth Steel QcK+. I would think everyone would notice this problem who had a Habu. It happens on white a4 paper too, but maybe, MAYBE, not to that extent.

MS has some solutions I am going to try, like uninstalling old mouse software, I just hope it doesn't make my media keyboard useless.