Sign in to follow this  
Surefire

Voltage changes not working?

Hey everyone, i got a strange problem. I have a DFI lanparty NF4 Ultra-D motherboard with an Opteron 165. I had this combo for bout 2 yrs now. I havnt used it in bout 6months. But now i am setting it up to use for folding and storage. My problem is that i am trying to change my voltages for the CPU and the Memory. But niether will change. In my bios i can change the CPU VID Startup value, and the CPU VID control to whatever i like but it wont change in the bios or when i run Cpuid. The memory wont change voltage either. It is stuck at 2.53 Volts in the bios info. I have even try changing it to 2.9 V's and when i reboot it stays at 2.53. I had this motherboard overclocked since i had it and no probs. Now that i took it out of storage i am geting this problem. I thought that it might be my cmos battery but that measures at 3.02 volts. Also all of my memory timings and my other settings will stay, but not the 2 voltages. Jumpers are all where they are supposed to be too. Any help would be great. Thank you much for your time

maybe a reflash of the bios will perk her up, maybe the 6 months storage did something.

can't hurt to try, just make sure she isn't clocked when you reflash.

hint, the 704-2bta is one of the most friendly ones in the memory department, and can help with the clock a bit.....

Anywho, give the reflash a try...

Laterzzzz.................