Sign in to follow this  
jaz

gaming on a 22" lcd vs 19" performance?

Guest bobyjo

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001268

I am using this monitor w/2xHD3850 512's and could not ask for anything to be much better. Nothing will come close to this LCD and a fast screen 2ms is just amazing. Color is surpub, thanks to ATI video cards for this is an utmost combo. BJ

trust me 22>19 in every way. you wont notice a difference on any good videocard.

:angel:

I should have bought the 226bw or the 2253bw, cuz buy.com just cut the price by $40. I called them to ask them if they would be so kind as to credit my account seeing as how my purchase time and the price decrease were within 2 days, and they said no.

I told them i build pc's occassionally for people and have made many purchases with my buy.com card, and i felt a bit..."had", if not downright ripped off. I haven't seen any more than the one review (a user review at newegg) on the web. These monitors are NOT selling like hotcakes, and i think they are the same thing as either of the above mentioned monitors, just with a fancy bezel.

Samsung's biggest seeling point for these was a (20,000 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, which is pretty hard to believe now that I've gathered my senses back to unbiased, and they claim the panel is a (a-si TFT/TN ) and i googled that and i can't determine any change in the a-c-s panel lottery, but they all are good from what I am reading.

And it doesn't even support this >Widescreen Yes. 5:4(4:3) Enable with Aspect Ratio Control. The reviewer said it won't do this with older games like diablo 2, but he said it wasn't a big deal to just stretch it. I would think the newer models would at least include older tek along with new.

The monitor gets here tomorrow, and they said because i chose free shipping is why they won't credit my account. I think that's a poor excuse, and a poor way to treat a good returning customer. I'll let you know how it does after i try it out a while.

I have a thread about it and will probably do a user review once i get familiar with it. I have it now. pefect condition. :)

Guest ElAguila

Two factors may have an impact on performance difference. Does the 22" have a higher res than the 19 and does it have a faster response rate.

Yes the 22" has a higher native resolution. Max resolution is a component of screen height and width.

As far as response time goes I doubt his 19" unit has a 2ms response time based on the age of the panel :)

If i remember correctly, the response time on my 19" 3 year old 930b was 8ms with a native rez @1280X1024, and my 22" WS is advertised at a response time of 2ms, (i kinda find that hard to believe on ANY monitor larger than 19"@1280x1024), just my opinion,

and my WS native rez is 1680X1050.

You know Jaz, with so many companies using different methods for advertising their monitor specifications, I can understand your questions and confusion 100%! Is 2ms black to black or grey to grey? Is contrast ration static or dynamic, yada yada yada?

Advertised specs. are just a starting point. I depend a lot on user reviews as well as technical reviews written by reliable sites. But in the end the most important review is my own. How are the colors, dvd playback, gaming performance, backlight bleed through, ease of setup and access to OSD options, stand design, dead pixels and I could probably go on and on. Luckily with Samsung you are dealing with a mfg. that has a proven track record. Everyone makes a dud now and then, but in my experience Samsung makes fewer than most others.

Good luck. I look forward to your user review.

Wev