gaming on a 22" lcd vs 19" performance?

jaz

I'm looking at the new line of Samsung 22" monitors, and thinking of getting one. (The t220). I know my card can handle it, but I would like to know how big a difference performance-wize a 19" lcd is from a 22" lcd?

I know I'll take a small performance hit, but these new monitors claim huge response time and pic quality. Preferably someone with at least a 8800gt. 8800gts 512 would be ideal. :)

We have two Samsung 226BW and have used three different GPUs (8800GTS 320 OC, 8800 GTS 640 and a 9800GTX 512). It is very hard to see the difference between these cards except for the results in benchmarking tests. The move from 19" to 22" should be nothing at all.

i moved from 17" to 22" widescreen. since 17" has the same res as 19" i thought id add my $0.02.

the difference isnt all that big. especially if you move from normal screen to widescreen. you do loose some speed, but not in the terms of games you could play at a certain detail first and then have to drop them a lot to continue playing.

Thanks...sounds good. I have not been able to stop thinking "22" monitor" for about 2 months everytime i turn my pc on, so i guess It's time to pull the plug and get it. Newegg has it, so anybody that wants it, you can click on our banners here if you want to get it from them.

I was at best buy the other day, drooling over the 22"er's, trying to fight the urge to buy from them. The only advantage is i can just take it back if there's anything wrong. Much cheaper online. Samsung's reliability and quality lately makes me feel a little better about ordering a monitor online.

I could only find 1 user review, and it's @ newegg. That's how new this line-up is.

the syncmaster series was totally brilliant. there was a thread some time ago about what screen people here used. lots and lots of people here have them. i dont doubt the new ones will be just as good.

I'm running a SyncMaster 226BW and I really like it; having a bigger monitor really does make a big difference with only a minimal performance hit

I agree with rado. I have the 226BW and use it with XP Pro and Ubuntu, Hardy Heron 8.04 LTS. It is a great monitor and with 2ms response time, it makes gaming fun. You can see things in games that you missed without it. Old games seem new.

Yeah, even my "19 930b, (around 2 1/2 year old is a syncMaster, and is really nice. Not a dead or stuck pixel and has served my with mucho hours of satisfaction. I even had a crt flatcreen syncmaster 997-df. Samsung has really emrged is a major player, rivaling Sony's 'xbr2-3-4-5 series lcd HD tv's.

Besides, their panals in the s-c-a lottery were all good, i guess the s meant it is a samsung panel, not an aoc panel. But they are all still nice quality moniters.

Yeah I would pull the trigger.

Just know that with a lot of games now you will have to do a little hacking here and there if you want to get the resolution and POV right on a widescreen display.

Thats really the only problem I have run into and I have a ViewSonic 20" widescreen monitor BTW.

I did. I ordered it and it should be here early next week. I'm really looking forward to it. Thank you guys for your input! muchos gracious :)