Sign in to follow this  
EllisD

WTB 3G Dual Core S939 CPU

Thanks For Looking! Found What I'm Looking For - Thread Closed

Hi Everyone :)

I recently switched over to watercooling and was hoping to get a bit more out of my current opty 165 which hit a wall at 2.6ghz under air. Doing some quick clocking now that its under water, it really doesnt seem like it will go any higher. I love my 939 setup so i want it to live on for a while longer. So now I am looking for one of the infamous 3G Optys. I have seen a few go on these forums for $65-$80 shipped so i would prefer to keep it around that price range. I am really kicking myself for not jumping on FrostyAMD's thread and snapping one of those gem's up, but...its done, and they are gone :(

If anyone has one to offer me, please shoot me a PM here with CPU information / Price, and i will reply ASAP.

I have Heatware under EllisD420 @ 3-0-0 with all transactions via these forums.

Method of payment will be Paypal (if you wish to wait 7 buisness days for money to transfer over from my bank account) or Certified Bank Draft (which would be in your hands within a few days) and i have no problems waiting for it to clear before shipping.

Things i ask of the seller (and things i will provide also, for the safety of both parties):

First and Last name

Address

Contact Phone Number(s)

Depending on your reputation around here, i may or may not call you to verify you are who you say you are (on my dime of course). Again, this is for both of our sakes.

Thanks for reading and GIVE ME YOUR OPTY! :P

[EDIT]Instead of being picky, i have mulled it over and have decided to accept any Dual Core s939 CPU that is capable of 3Ghz under reasonable voltages. A screenshot of prime stability is definetly preferred, IE: no suicide 3g screenshots. Refer to the OCDB guidlines if you are unsure what I mean by stable. Thank You.[/EDIT]

probably wont be able to get one for 65. maybe. but might take some waiting

i have a 3ggg opty but i has plans for it :angel:

theres little difference between 3g opty and 3g x2, keep that in mind, i got VERY minimal differences from l2 cache.

maybe 100pts in 3dmark which means i mighta left notepad open :D

Its a general guideline and by no means set in stone. I put the range because that is what i have seen them for. Just didnt want people pming me asking stupid prices :)

Sorry for the premature bumpage, but i have changed the topic title :)

might wanna look for any s939 dual-core that can hit 3ggg though, make sure its orthos, wprime, prime 95 stable

After thinking it over, this is the way to go. Thanks for the suggestion :)

[EDIT]Thanks for the title change Doc :)[/EDIT]

I have a X2 3800+ Toledo that does 2.8 at stock volts, and I don't remember what it needed to get 3ghz but it passed ~12 hours prime. I don't think I have any screens of it at 3ghz but I did post screens of it at 2.8 with stock volts after ~12 hours of prime.

It is in my server now but I am rebuilding it with a C2D, just waiting on the new motherboard so I wouldn't be able to get it out to you until the 12th. If you are interested and don't mind the wait I'll find those screenshots and see if I have one with it at 3ghz.

Update

Stepping is LCBIE 0619RPMW, if you search the web you will find its a good stepping, a few others reported 2.8 with stock volts as well. Screenshots are posted HERE. I needed 1.469v to get 3ghz but I didn't take screens of it.

I am in no way guaranteeing that you will get these results though.

YGPM asking a question.

Still looking! Pm me what ya got :)

I'm really thinking abut getting a Q6600 and if I do I'll let you know when my 3G 4400+ is for sale. It's in the OCDB...

and of course, I wouldn't guarantee you'd get 3Gs out of it... tbh, I think I just got really lucky and my setup clicked... I use it at 3G on a daily basis though, folding almost 24/7, and gaming, with no instability.

Awesome, sounds good man. This is something i want rather than need so i am not in a big rush by any means.

Bumpage :)