Sign in to follow this  
killagorilla187

an ABIT IX38QuadGT experience

I got this board today and I'm impressed so far.

I'm currently priming at 3.6 which my IP35 Pro couldn't do.

First thing I did was take off all the heatsinks with the stupid pushpin things, ran out to Ace and got some bolts, ripped off the thermal tape off the PWM sink and put some paste on it. (Heat Pipe Mod)

This board hasn't been getting awesome reviews. Some say the 5 phase PWM isn't going to hold up...

Temps on the PWM max out at 60C for me! Which is pretty good for these Kentsfield IMO

The board came with BIOS 12 and it seems to be nicely matured.

Very nice for you my friend! I just send my piece of . (first ABIT ever) back since it failed to boot with any GPU in the first PCIE slot. Tried everything including the 13bta BIOS! Always with the same result! A fat 9.0. on the uGuru display! Thats for my experience!

Temps went up a little since I put the rig in it's case.

3.6ghz took too much vcore (around 1.54) which produced too much heat for my likings.

a little over 6 hours prime stable @ 3555mhz (9 x 395) with 1.52 in the BIOS.

screenoj4.th.jpg

This board is treating my 1.30 vid q6600 pretty good :P

If this thread needs to be moved to the overclocking section sorry... I didn't want to make two threads thats why this is here.

@ HitandRun

hitandrunde9.th.jpg

He He! I have seen this only when I booted up in the second PCIE slot which is only 4x! :)

I'm running the Abit IX38 at 4.6 GHZ @1.55 Vcore and CPU VTT @ 1.8. My temps are are at 55C on the cpu, of course tht's with water by DD. This QX9650 is fun. beats those fun opterons we got from AMD. I don't expect the more recent 45 nanos to do that. From the writeups I've seen, most are happy with 3.6 - 3.8. I just received my new 780i from EVGA. got to set that up wit three way SLI usung my old 7900's plus one I've picked up used.

32m1m20080430gh1.th.jpg