GTA 4 - ps3 / 360

Guest SuppA-SnipA_merged

Guest SuppA-SnipA

alrighty, the long anticipated gta 4 is finally out, there are two versions, ps3 and 360, share ur thoughts

ps - typically, when any gta game comes out in toronto, its on the news "omg its so violent", calm down, just a game, not gona hurt u anyways before i start rambling, any one of u guys/gals/aliens seen that on the news yet ? or before? or even heard of the news talking about how violent games are? :sweat:

post away

p s s- ill be getting my 360 version this weekend maybe

It must be violent...

SuppA-SnipA

Vista Hater

:P

If the finances look ok, thinking of picking up a copy but no deal yet.

Guest SuppA-SnipA
media finally stopped caring i think.

:angel:

lucky u, its all i heard for the past day on the news, "gta bad" blah blah blah

get it Angry, we'll play online once i get it :D

oh i think the news will pick it up sooner than later. it will go something like this......."Why can't they make GTA something like Mist".....WTH yea right, whats the point of that. poeple buy it for the violent content silly.

i just played mario kart, it was ok. wasnt amazing or anything

good for you, but for us (bowtie, fogel, etc), it's an INCREDIBLE xxxxING AWESOME GAME. So awesome we are going to make a DIY-Street Racing League ;)

GTA4...one day maybe a year from now I can afford it when it's $30 used

lucky u, its all i heard for the past day on the news, "gta bad" blah blah blah

Who cares what media thinks anyhow? I mean they're on GTA 4, ffs. Like the media is stopping them. Just make sure you pick up your copy before the next Coffee incident and they tame the game. :)

good for you, but for us (bowtie, fogel, etc), it's an INCREDIBLE xxxxING AWESOME GAME. So awesome we are going to make a DIY-Street Racing League ;)

Whao! He wasn't downing it dude. :sweat: And even if he was, not everyone is gonna like that kinda stuff. You got to have an extremely competitive spirit and be able to look past the kiddie exterior. But yes, you are right I haven't had this much fun with a game in MANY years.

A buddy I live with got it the night it came out. He seems to like it, but he's one of the guys that can like things.

I'm not one of those guys.

The graphics are NOT impressive, though they are of course better than previous generations. There seem to be a lot of cut scenes which cannot be paused, which I for one would like. If they EVER figure out how to utilize anti-aliasing, then I'll be slightly impressed. Until then, the game looks like .. Certainly not good enough to justify a $500 machine when a $100 (8800GTS 320) card in most any computer of the last two years would look better.

Other than that, I haven't played it. I assume it plays just like every other GTA game - awesome for a day or two (a week tops) then virtually unplayable.

The press can't be THAT bad for the game since Circuit City (and others) have actually had commercials promoting it. You'd think if there were that many people with sticks up their asses they wouldn't dare advertise for fear of affiliation.

The city definitely feels more 'compact' than GTA3, there is always someone walking on the sidewalk or cars going by. Maybe compact isn't the word - busy - perhaps? Police presence seems to be more prevalent as well, can't even fire off my gun w/o cop cars surrounding you. Storyline seems to be ok so far, but they make heavy use of a call phone feature where all the people you meet want to txt you or call you with missions. You also get to keep up relationships by hanging out with them.

Along those lines, you can go to bars and drink, with a simulated "drunk" reaction afterward. Camera sways around randomly, your character/friends stumble around, fall and take health damage, driving/walking are much harder for a few minutes.

MADD got wind of this feature, and is raising hell.

MADD Protests GTA 4 Over Drunk Driving

by Chris Faylor Apr 30, 2008 12:32pm CST tags: Grand Theft Auto 4, Controversy

Riding the wave of controversy, Mothers Against Drunk Driving marks the latest organization to protest yesterday's release of Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3, X360).

Specifically, the group takes issue with "a game module where players have to drive drunk" as "drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime...not a game."

Though Shacknews is certainly understanding of MADD's concerns, the staff has yet to experience a mission where drunk driving is mandatory. In fact, the game recommends that players make use of a taxi once drunk.

Due to this content, MADD is calling on the Electronic Software Ratings Board to re-rate the game as an Adults Only title, as well as asking developer Rockstar to "consider a stop in distribution."

Grand Theft Auto IV is not the first title in the series to feature drunk driving. In 2002's GTA: Vice City (PC, PS2, Xbox), a mission from Phil Cassidy called "Boomshine Saigon" required players to drive to the hospital while drunk, causing blurred vision and loose driving controls.

I can understand the "its not a game" viewpoint, but (hopefully) people playing the game have more sense than to drive drunk in real life. You could almost mirror their argument, and say the game provides an educational experience by simulating what drunk driving is like, and how hard it is to control yourself and operate vehicles. Well, almost...

I like it so far, but never having owned a GTA copy before (always bummed around on a friends ps2) I'm looking forward to playing it for a while.

technodan: maybe you were looking at a different Xbox360 version than I was yesterday...the graphics are awesome as far as I can tell (I watched it for about 30 minutes mesmerized). Not sure what you want in graphics...Crysis x10000? Not gonna happen.

GTA4 looks a lot better than most PC games with all the eye candy cranked up in my opinion. But who cares what it looks like? Not me certainly. There's so much story/plot/freedom that if the graphics were old GTA3 graphics it wouldn't matter one bit because games should no longer be about the graphics (I mean, look what happens when it IS all about graphics...you get piece of . games like Crysis, Quake 4, etc that have zero substance and require $3000 computer to run even at medium settings...xxxx all that).

Games are about gameplay. Gameplay is what sucks you in, keeps you hooked. I still play Fallout original and even Wasteland (ie Interplay, 1987 game that Fallout was based on). Games that have DOS graphics if even that. It's all about story, not whether or not a shadow of a shadow of a shadow of a dogfart's shadow can be seen from 19 miles away with zero jaggies and lots of specular lighting....

ps to all those xxxxing LOSERS like Jack Thompson and MADD and FOX News etc:

GO xxxx YOURSELVES WITH A BIG RUSTY IRON BAR IN YOUR STUPID VAGINAS YOU xxxxING LOSERS...DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CHILDREN'S LIVES TO RUIN INSTEAD OF TRYING TO RUIN EVERY OTHER LIFE ON THE PLANET BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE SOMETHING THAT EVERYONE (75 million copies of the GTA games sold!!!!) ELSE WANTS TO ENJOY????

SO AGAIN, GO xxxx YOURSELVES WITH A BIG, RUSTY IRON BAR IN YOUR STUPID STINKING xxxxING CRANK-HOLES...THE GAME ALREADY HAS AN "M" (MATURE) RATING...IT MEANS POLICE YOUR OWN xxxxING CHILDREN INSTEAD OF POLICING MINE YOU BALL-LICKING CHRISTIAN MISSIONARY xxxxTARDS