Mario Kart Racing League? (Wii leagues? like bowling? huh? wtf are you

Angry_Games

yeah, sounds lame I'm sure. Bowtie and I been sorta mulling it over. Those of who you participated in the DFI-Street Bowling League will understand the concept in an instant. This game is going to be insanely popular, and the best part is that it can do 12 racers in multiplayer.

This is compounded by the awesomeness of the ability to have up to 4 players per screen and any combination (supposedly...bowtie has the game...just going by the game's description and previews for the last year heh).

so...momma and I can race from our house, bowtie and his wife and kids can have up to 4 playing (so we are at 6 so far), Reelfiles and Jo (his wife) can make it 8 (if they had a Wii that is lol), and say (god forbid) EllisD actually has a real-life friend (or 3), that can make it 12.

Doesn't mean we are limited to all of us having to get together all at once just to play either. I know a couple of you guys have bugged me before about how you know some html or php skills and wanted to put them to use, so you can (either that or it's my hook-fisted MS Excel-converted-to-html-spreadsheet for keeping score haha) by helping us make a sort of place to keep track of scores/standings/stats etc.

not really sure what we would do, as we just sorta mulling it over at the moment out of the blue, but I bet we could do something cool. We have a pretty damned awesome group that plays Sins of a Solar Empire already (about 10-12 of us in all), and a group chomping at the bit to play some RS Vegas (and #2!).

If you have any ideas, let us know. If you think it's totally gay, let us know that too (it just means we'd have to come up with a prize to shut you up by making everyone else say YOU were gay for thinking that this idea was gay haha). Just tossing out ideas.

If you don't have a Wii, that's too bad for you lol. They are freaking AWESOME. We also thinking about maybe a new bowling league, but this time it would be DIY-Street Wii Bowling League ;) because Wii Bowling freaking rocks as well. Oh yeah, we already sorta got a Guitar Hero III group of about 289 players (all over the age of 30! no freaking punk kids!), but we could always do our own private thing...who knows what we might have some fun with.

Playing together is always the most fun. The Wii and the PC (and the 360/PS3 I suppose) can be even more interesting if there's a bit of challenge or such to it with a good group of people. Finding new ways to connect...we have all been at the forum for a good amount of time, but how often do you connect with everyone here?

Those of us that have been active in the Ventrilo thing playing Sins and Vegas and just generally hanging out have found that we like each other even more just because hearing some jackass retard's voice (Angry's) totally means you were right about the guy being a super-douchebag (he totally is) and then squashing him with a red turtle shell and dumping his super-douchebag butt into the water is like icing on the cake (a cake shaped like boobies!).

Or just reading this you know he's too xxxxing weird and you have just confirmed why you aren't lame enough to hit Ventrilo...!

Downsides to Wii:

1. no 'friends list'

2. no voice chat

3. annoying 'friend codes' that are different for each game so unlike pc/360/ps3, we all got to get together and shuffle around and pass out friend's codes hyukhyukhyuk.

4. got to have a pc near the damn Wii to talk smack to super-douchebags like Angry

5. listening to super-douchebag Angry talk smack if you were stupid enough to put a pc near the Wii to get on ventrilo because downside #4 seemed like an upside

6. trying to buy a xxxxing Wii just to have one, let alone play this stupid game (can you find one in your town? I can't and not even on the internet for the RETAIL price, not a $599 PRICE-GOUGED price)

7. momma just walked up and said "bewbs" for some reason

8. trying to make friends with someone so you don't have to play alone (because we know you don't have a girlfriend, or even a boyfriend, that's how sad and lonely you are to be playing Wii over the internet while chatting on Ventrilo from a PC to a bunch of other sad and lonely dorks or worse, married dorks trying to escape the reality that is the hell called 'real life' they are living hahahaha....BOOYAH!)

9. angry's lists are stupid (is this a downside?)

Real......life.... :confused::confused:

That sounds like hella fun. I dont have a wii though :( I will have a gander to see if anywhere near me has them in stock, though not likely, and try to scrape together some pennies for one seeing how much fun you crazies have with it.

7. momma just walked up and said "bewbs" for some reason
Is that ever a downside??

Dude I am so down for this....

I was one of the dumbass's that stayed up late and decided to hit the midnight sales at GameCrazy...I bought the game and a spare wheel and A_G is right...! single player is pretty awesome to get the hang of the game and the Wii-mote with a wheel wrapped around it...that alone is freekin awesome...

Once you get single player pretty good I headed right for Nintendo WFC single player (as I forgot to dock the other Wii-mote and the batteries are dead..:() and raced 10 in a league...

It syncs you all up and you play 10 to 0 in a race and you can keep playing and people can rejoin so you can go 10 to 0 to 10 again and back to zero it just goes on and on...

I do the Regional and it syncs me up with people close to me and start the race...when it comes time to race you can vote on a map to play or pick random and the game picks for you...

Many, many races to choose from...but so far I really, really like this game...the maps are cool as hell and the options you get from the square cubes are more than N64's version....

I hear alot of people are complaining about the game being lame compared to Gamecube's Double Dash Kart but I dont have that but I would love to know all the versions of Kart playable on the Wii...so I may have to go find the GC version and try it...

But sure lets get some Wii members going and do some Wii games as a clan...I'll be down for using this rig for Vent while playing....

Dude if you havent seen this game RUN to the local game store and give the stores game a run...you'll love it...;)

Oh yeah! Count me in for this joint!! Just... please,.. don't call it The Wii Wii Club. :eek: Though I must admit The DIY Wii Wii League (say it out loud) somehow cracks me up. :tooth: On a somewhat related note, was talking to this chick who said she'd like to play it, but i wouldn't count on it. Maybe if this thing takes off i can get her excited bout it ...the League.:cool:

I could probably be talked into learning some PHP to make this a little more interesting. I kinda miss making web pages. When I'm on the job, sometimes we have about 4-6hrs of nothing to do and I have to sit at a desk at those times. Would like to do something constructive during those times, but i'll definitely bow down to someone who already has the knowledge.

well supposedly dr_bowtie is procuring me a Mario Kart game (since we be too broke). I bowled a little last night before bed just to make sure I remembered how also heh. I guess I'll have to check and see if there are any true multiplayer (over the net) Wii bowling games.

Won't have much to say for about 1-2 weeks though as finals are coming up...but if you want to fool around with some pages to see if you can make something cool, let me know. You can try PHP-Nuke and Joomla as well for a front-end I think, and of course I have places to host it etc.

more later

well supposedly dr_bowtie is procuring me a Mario Kart game (since we be too broke).

O M F G

Dude,.. you better worship Dr_Bowtie (no nickname this time~!) than because this is one mutha feckin kick butt game!! What other racing game will give the moment of drifting on the edge of a long butt fall then breaking that drift to power slide into your opponent knocking him off the other side?! What other game will make you get hit by some road hazard, a red shell, a green shell all before the Finish Line and you manage to squeek out one tiny power slide for a speed boost to finish .211 of a second faster than 2nd place?! What other game will make you fly off of track 5 times in a row and you'll love every damn second of it? And this is just single player!!!

I don't think I been this excited about a game since the original Mario Kart for the SNES. I don't know how they do it every single console Mario Kart, but they manage to make Rainbow Road (yaya, lame name) the most thrill riding, edge of your seat, take a dump in your britches track each time. Holy hell you'll fall off that road so many times your first run through and you'll laugh every time. Speaking of the old games, the game also allows you to take these higher powered karts on the tracks from all the old games ...not all of the tracks but a good sampling. Only Mario Kart I don't own is the DS version so its kinda nice being able to race on some of those ...and they're actually really good. Shame you don't have the old power ups from the old days ...like the Feather in the SNES version.

The tracks are a drifter's dreeeeeeeeam. You can be the Drift King without wasting money on a boat load of tires or blown trannies. You can do short little drifts from left to right as if slaloming through the technical turns and do long hard drifts for maximum burn. Tracks that look like half-pipes have speed bumpers at the top. Oh and the Koopa Cape beach track is FUN AS HELL, you hydro plane for insane speed making all the above even funner!!!

I haven't tried Battle Mode yet cuz I've only been playing it since last night (all night :eek:) so i haven't had anyone come over to play with me yet. I'm already thinking of purchasing another Wiimote and Wii Wheel and I don't even have any friends who I console game with. This game is THAT much fun. I'll have to convince my friends to not go clubbing at least 1 nite in the week to do this . with.

Oh and tracks are almost always constantly changing. Just because you took a route last time doesn't mean it's safe this time. For example, parts of the track in Gumble Volcano fall into the lava. Also, just because you have 3 green shells circling you and a red shell as a back up doesn't mean you're gonna hold on to 1st place. There are a ton of ? power blocks or whatever you call them that strip players of their items and even the playing field. So those people who used to hang back on purpose and pimp out their power ups, then take over 1st and hold it in lock down will just be wasting their time in this game.

Won't have much to say for about 1-2 weeks though as finals are coming up...but if you want to fool around with some pages to see if you can make something cool, let me know. You can try PHP-Nuke and Joomla as well for a front-end I think, and of course I have places to host it etc.

Sounds good, as much fun as i'm having with Wii Kart, I think I can't promise to do any research till i get back to work :cool:

hey suggestion...the wiimote is ok but the Gamecube controllers with analog sticks...they are the supreme way to play. All the reviews I've read so far say the same thing but I shouldn't judge too much until I've played it myself...but on the Virtual Console the only way to play MK 64 is with the gamecube controller (I have the arcade one that looks like a SNES controller also that hooks into your wiimote).

I think I'm gonna go get a couple more used Gamecube controllers as I'm just not really all that down with holding a wheel in the air haha. I'll try it of course.

So...MK Racing League...still sounding like a killer idea? I think so.

I'll give the game cube controllers a go sometime since I have two of those, but I gotta admit I'm actually kind of impressed on how the wheel handles. It was really awkward at first, but now it's not. Course I keep my karts on manual mode so I can control my drifting ...I haven't tried Automatics yet.

And I haven't read . on it. I mean i just look at page 7 (only) of the manual last night so I could learn how to do tricks. :sweat: Do those forums you read say how to do the mid-air tricks with a Game Cube controller? Because with the Wheel its how you turn/flick the wheel.

So I finally played with someone on the Friends network and I have to say two things:

(1) Fun as hell

(2) First time MKW (Mario Kart Wii) disappointed me

They must have hired the foreign exchange student intern to develop the friends section because messaging (canned msgs) is easily done and actually kinda cool because it shows everyone's me on the globe, but getting a game started took us probably over an hour to figure out. :mad::mad: Granted it was 3am so may have had better wits about us during normal hours, but that still doesn't take away from the fact it has to be the LEAST user friendly thing I have ever seen in a Console game. SINCE WHEN DOES CLOSE MEAN, "HEY, LET'S START A GAME!" And I think they got the foreign exchange student intern's younger brother to write the manual. Once you know how to do it you can see the manual isn't technically wrong, it's just not helpful. Yes, we actually referred to the manual that's how desperate we were.

Anyway, whining aside, here is the proper way to play with friends on MKW:

1. Exchange the 12-digit MKW Friend Codes (find yours on the WFC: Friends Section)
  2. Register your friends MKW Friend Code #s
  3. Someone pick 'Create a Room' and wait
  4. Everyone else pick, 'Find a Friend'
  5. You'll join up, you can use canned messages to tell the person what to pick... Team VS Mode, VS Mode, Battle Mode, etc.. which track, all that
  6. When you're ready to play, here is the stupid part... have 1 Person select the 'Close' button instead of the Message button :rolleyes:
  7. The person who clicked the CLOSE button can now select the mode. Just like when playing strangers, the tracks are picked by voting on them (Random or specific track) and the game randomly picks who wins