Can a woman lead a nation

GH0S1_R33P0R

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes she can
    • No she cant
    • maybe (pleese post with more details)

i have a research project for school and i need to see what your views are on this topic. i have to post this question online and see what people's opinions are.

I put 'no', but I'm not entirely certain if you meant women in general or one particular woman. When I say 'no' I mean I don't think Hillary would do well.

However, I feel that there are just as many women capable of leading the country as there are men. They would have the additional challenge of dealing with other countries that don't quite place women as high on the equality though, so there could be some interesting international problems.

So yes, there are woman capable of running the country (and doing a good job of it!) but the chances of the right woman getting in are as slim as the right man.

I'm with Techno on this one. I'm positive that there are qualified women and qualified minorities that would make great presidents. But, by my standards neither of the candidates vying for the Democratic nomination at this time would garner my vote.

I don't care whether the president is male/female, white/black/brown/yellow/purple or pink, republican/democrat/independent or any other political affiliation.

I'll cast my vote for the person who's views and beliefs most closely align with my own.

Techno hit the nail on the head. I voted yes that a woman could run the country. However, not Hilary. She is the most dishonest politician in Washington. She took first when her husband retired.

Just as a point of clarification, I am not a right-wing loon. I am an "Independent" thinker and voter. I follow both sides of the aisle very closely and hold all of their feet to the fire.

Since you are from Kuwait I doubt that the question has to do with the American Presidential Race.

A simple rhetorical question if you would.

History has proven that race, creed and color have nothing to do with leading a nation :)

Personally I find Obama's speeches moving and his views very similar to mine.

Hopefully one day questions like this will not need to be asked.

if u look at a bit of history from where i live, u most likely would'nt need to ask this question. they have proven to be some of the most influential/skilled leaders we've had.

we could all have been speaking in spanish if it was'nt for Queen Elizabeth I :)

Personally...

woman who are skilled to do the job will usually always do it better than a man...so yes is my answer...

Mrs. Bowtie must have been standing over your shoulder when you posted that. PW'd :)

I said Yes but it all depends on where you want to go. Margaret Thatcher is probably hated by most, some think she was a genius. I'm in the former camp as I was at junior school and she abolished our daily bottle of milk, still the UK remains.