Statistical data for a class assignment

radodrill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jebus, 3 guys over 58.

That oughta put a blip in the data :)

Add in the 40+ guys and I'd bet we're way out of the norm.

I'm really shocked (and jealous) of the young age of so many of the members that I know.

They seem so much mature (ie, kewl and hassle free) then members at some forums I visit.

Amazing relationships concerning the age differences among us.

Personally right now I'm downloading Ubuntu 8.04 on this Maximus, have MemTest running on the DFI NF4, while I watch a zombie movie from the DFI P35 on the TV.

(Seems "normal" to me.) :D

oooo, head shot!

I think all of us would like to see the data and your analysis when this is done.

Very intrigued by all this :)

I think all of us would like to see the data and your analysis when this is done.

Very intrigued by all this :)

No sweat ;)

One interesting thing I've noticed so far is that over at Bit-Tech (a more mainstream forum and not as tech oriented as we are) people are claiming to have higher tech savvyness than the people here are; I think it's probably that the people here are more down to earth and honest in terms of their overall tech abilities (i.e. big picture), while the mainstream members of bit-tech are more likely comparing to their friends, neighbors, etc (i.e. their world)

We'll see how the demographics/statistics pan out; so far 23 members here have contributed and only 19 at Bit-Tech; but it looks like I'll get a decent sample size from both "populations"

Another fact to note is that so far only 1 female has responded and that person was on Bit-Tech

EDIT:

Add in the 40+ guys and I'd bet we're way out of the norm.

So far we have more oldfarts than B-T does; their oldest is 43 and the second-oldest is 26, we've 2 in their 30s, 2 in their 40s, 1 at 50 and 2 at 61

We've also got a broader range of ages; our's ranges from 16-61 while their's is just 18-43

Tech Savvy: High

Want a really interesting data population? Post the same poll at the Oprah Winfrey forum and Extreme Tech.

Oprah to get more female respondents and Extreme Tech for more "experts" because we all know the experts hang out there :)

Male

Expert

I don't say expert because I'm some sick genius in any specific field but rather 'cause I have diverse experience. from video codecs, audio codecs, building PCs for sick performance, building good PCs for audio. troubleshooting issues on PCs, making linux servers, audio electronics, DIY audio electronics & repair, general piracy. I've been employed with the title "tech" before. While I could definitely find someone who kicks my butt in two or four of the above categories I haven't met anyone with as much experience in each category all at the same time, as myself.