Statistical data for a class assignment

radodrill

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm really good in some areas but lacking in others so I just put high. When it comes to networking, building PCs, troubleshooting, etc I rock but I'm not that great with things like OCing, AV equip, modding, etc.

Here's the summary of claimed tech levels so far; apparently most of the people at Bit-Tech think they're geniuses

I'd put the overall knowledge of the forum members, mods and admins here up against those at any other site and even bet a case of beer on it. We know our stuff so we don't need to bang our own drums.

I'd put the overall knowledge of the forum members, mods and admins here up against those at any other site and even bet a case of beer on it. We know our stuff so we don't need to bang our own drums.

QFT

Based on what I've seen, overall the members here are at a higher tech level than those over at B-T. The difference is that people here realize their limitations, while those elsewhere are probably just making their comparisons based on the level of their peers rather than with regard to the big picture.

I would say that

"Expert" means you could get out your soldering iron and actually repair a graphics card or Mobo that has died on your own with no help. Plus you have letters after your name like PHD and you are getting payed for what you do. Plus you have never been to a forum to ask a question cause you don't need the help so you won't have read this, So I can say things like "Your a big fat liar and a big headed fool" and you won't see it..lol

"Very High" I would say that if you know everything there is to know about Networks, Servers, C++ and all that fun stuff that has the Majority of us scratching our heads and you have actually written your own software that other people use and like.

"High" I would say you should know what every single RAM timing means in your BIOS and be able to explain it to me so that I can understand it and what every chip is, what it does and where it is on your motherboard. Plus how to fix ANY hardware and ANY software related problem, and have a post count over 3000 that is mainly made up of posts that have genuinely helped the original poster enough for them to think you ROCK! and not just made up of posts like "Wow" "lol" "Lmao" and "man thats sick".

"Intermediate" (Me) I would say you should be able to build any kind of PC setup regardless of component or platform and diagnose a lot of software and hardware related problems but still rely on help from the "Highs" and "Very Highs", and be able to install an OS, game or program with your eyes closed, and you can say things like "Wow" "lol" "Lmao" and "man thats sick" as much as you want cause your so goddamn handsome you don't need brains ;)

"Average Joe" You only venture into your case to change a HDD or case fan and you are really proud of yourself if you can take off your CPU fan without killing the CPU, and so you should be cause in about 1 week your going to be an "Intermediate" like me, but just don't expect to be as goddamn handsome.

"Beginner" you actually would pay someone to do all of the above

I would say that

"Expert" means you could get out your soldering iron and actually repair a graphics card or Mobo that has died on your own with no help. Plus you have letters after your name like PHD and you are getting payed for what you do. Plus you have never been to a forum to ask a question cause you don't need the help so you won't have read this, So I can say things like "Your a big fat liar and a big headed fool" and you won't see it..lol

"Very High" I would say that if you know everything there is to know about Networks, Servers, C++ and all that fun stuff that has the Majority of us scratching our heads and you have actually written your own software that other people use and like.

"High" I would say you should know what every single RAM timing means in your BIOS and be able to explain it to me so that I can understand it and what every chip is, what it does and where it is on your motherboard. Plus how to fix ANY hardware and ANY software related problem, and have a post count over 3000 that is mainly made up of posts that have genuinely helped the original poster enough for them to think you ROCK! and not just made up of posts like "Wow" "lol" "Lmao" and "man thats sick".

"Intermediate" (Me) I would say you should be able to build any kind of PC setup regardless of component or platform and diagnose a lot of software and hardware related problems but still rely on help from the "Highs" and "Very Highs", and be able to install an OS, game or program with your eyes closed, and you can say things like "Wow" "lol" "Lmao" and "man thats sick" as much as you want cause your so goddamn handsome you don't need brains ;)

"Average Joe" You only venture into your case to change a HDD or case fan and you are really proud of yourself if you can take off your CPU fan without killing the CPU, and so you should be cause in about 1 week your going to be an "Intermediate" like me, but just don't expect to be as goddamn handsome.

"Beginner" you actually would pay someone to do all of the above

Lmao!

Man, that was sick

:angel:

Branjo, great summary of tech levels; if only everyone used it for their rankings ;)

Can build a PC and diagnose most hardware/software issues - check

More than 3000 posts, most of which to help the OP - check

Written software that others use - check (used LABview, C++, MATLAB, VB, etc)

Can use a soldering iron and re-solder components to a graphics card - check

Have letters after the name - Check (EI, 2x BS, and working on the MS)

so does that qualify me as an expert :P

Guest Blooz1

Tech Level: Intermediate

As an ex-QA guy who used to have to have to juggle stats all day, I'll be curious to see the final results also! I hated stats in college, then wound up using them for a job!