User Review: Atrix 500T Power Supply Review

paulktreg

I don't think it's feasible for anybody to post from the USA to UK. I have just had a quick look to see how much it would cost to post a 2.5kg parcel from the UK to the USA using a quality shipping agent and it's working out in the region of £30.00 - £40.00! You could buy a decent power supply for the cost of a two way trip.

Regards

paulktreg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well once we get it polished up and posted on the front page, you can use it to solicit psu companies to get you a unit to review.

however, the rule around here is that we review items as-is, no influence from the mfg's (which is why we stress user reviews should be items a user purchased with his own money so a company cannot have a say in it).

so it's a tough road...but some companies are always extremely confident and positive and will eat up any decent review, even one that has nit-picking (anything but downright faults or dangers).

if you get review/test units, just remember, the most important information that you can give to a customer is "would I buy this unit with my own money?" as honestly and honest is honest.

Another thing to think about, and we've done it before more than a few times, is just never even mention that you tested or recieved a piece of hardware lol. What this translates to is that you received an item and it was so bad that you could have only written a terrible, scathing review...so instead you just decided to bury it as to not embarrass the company nor harm your integrity....but then what about your personal morals? Was the unit so bad that you really have no choice but to recommend avoiding it at all costs because the company is just trying to jam it down everyone's throats?

Or is it a case that you just found way to many faults that didn't really make it a dangerous unit, it just made it to where you just didn't like it...and so just choose to never tell anyone you had that particular unit to review?

I can clealy remember a piece of hardware that OCZ sent once that we all wanted pretty badly and when I got my hands on it, it was...well...I never said a word about it to anyone but some of the staff (and of course, OCZ themselves so they would know why they sent me a unit and yet it disappeared into a black hole). There wasn't anything horribly dangerously wrong with the unit. I was just so...well I just didn't like it for a lot of reasons, all valid (Andy had to listen to a couple of hour-long tirades on the subject, and once in a while he makes the mistake of mentioning it and it gets me all riled up and on a rant all over again haha) in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure a lot of the guys at OCZ as well...but it was something dumb that customers demanded because they thought they wanted it (probably some moron in a forum thought it would be cool while taking bong rips at 11AM instead of studying for his physics exam)...and when customers demand something, no matter how foolish, you try to deliver.

Think back to the episode of The Simpsons where Homer finds out he has a brother (Danny DeVito) and brother owns a car factory that is losing money, so he tells Homer to make the engineers build the car of Homer's dreams haha. Great episode. Turns out the car was a nightmare, ugly, inefficient, and only cost $87,000...to MAKE hahahaha.

ok back on track. see all this? this is the fine line that reviewing requires...it's a reason we want user reviews that are genuine...meaning real users bought the unit with their own hard-earned money. I suppose though a positive benefit for you could be that other blokes like your style and are willing to send you their brand new units to test and return (and writing up another stellar review, whether good or bad since a real customer purchased it, no company rep gave it to you for the unspoken exchange of it for at least a non-negative review).

I've had guys on this forum just pm me and ask if they can send various bits to me to test or overclock for them (a lot of them because of our attention to detail in the OCDB/SSDB).

Anyway, probably just rambling on my part, but the review style looks tight and thorough, and that's a skill most people don't have (let alone the skill to know about electricity and such in the way that guys like you and Praz do). I think that so far, it looks like our #1 story for opening (not that the other reviews/blogs/rants will be crap, but none will be as detailed as yours combined with the technicality of yours).

You don't win any prizes, but you do get the respect of not only the staff here, but the entire community for having such a skill and being able to relay it in a proper fashion. If I actually understood any of it besides "plug in that there power cord thingy" then I could write a layman's terms where I compare it to cars, cookies, cows, or crack...so the rest of us retards could understand all that there techy-stuff ;)

annoy the moderators (specifcally wev and praz for technical attention, bowtie/reelfiles for content, kranky to harass bowtie/reelfiles, and then I'll do a final look-over for spelling, grammar (don't worry, I understand the King's English even if this lot of American rubbish doesn't haha), blah blah. I'll test-preview it and then we'll annoy the rest of the wankers to get their bits done.

I haven't been much use recently and how I missed something so obvious makes me feel and look stupid. :(

Trying to do to many things at once and I have so much on my mind.

I am trying to get the article ready for posting and I don't want to bother AG again.

All my images are now changed to thumbnails, water marked and hosted on AG's server. Don't want to appear too thick here but how do I link these thumbnails to the larger images.

Regards

paulktreg

I am trying to get the article ready for posting and I don't want to bother AG again.

All my images are now changed to thumbnails, water marked and hosted on AG's server. Don't want to appear too thick here but how do I link these thumbnails to the larger images.

Regards

paulktreg

just nest the tagged image inside url tags

e.g.

[noparse]tn_atrix500t.jpg[/noparse]

that results in the thumbnail being clickable and linking to the full image