Sign in to follow this  
Guest bobyjo_merged

Video Card Utilities

I went with the Zalman vf1000 for my 3870's. I've been very pleased with them so far. Granted I haven't overclocked my cards yet, as I have been trying to see the max they will do stock. The coolers have kept my cards FAR cooler than the stock hs/fan. Plus they were only 50 bucks each on newegg.

Anyway, you'll have to let me know what you think of your 3850's when you get them back. I'm eager to see if you have the same reaction I did. ;)

Guest bobyjo

Yea I will do that, I just shipped them off yesterday, so they should get them next week. I just hope they do not find a reason to refuse the RMA replacement. I do not know if the vender I purchased from is a VisionTek authorized dealer. That may be the only sticky thing. I sent the guy a couple of emails and he has not made any response at all. I know he was supposed to go in the hosp Thursday for a knee replacement. If he did that he may not be in any mood to talk about this. But he does have employees that could answer for him.

I went with the Zalman vf1000 for my 3870's. I've been very pleased with them so far. Granted I haven't overclocked my cards yet, as I have been trying to see the max they will do stock. The coolers have kept my cards FAR cooler than the stock hs/fan. Plus they were only 50 bucks each on newegg.

Anyway, you'll have to let me know what you think of your 3850's when you get them back. I'm eager to see if you have the same reaction I did. ;)

Man, I just can't get over how shady that guy is. I'm pissed for you! Ugh, what an butthole.

Anyway, I don't see VisionTek refusing the rma after they already gave you an rma number and told you to send in the cards. I really wouldn't worry about that.

Guest bobyjo
Man, I just can't get over how shady that guy is. I'm pissed for you! Ugh, what an butthole.

Anyway, I don't see VisionTek refusing the rma after they already gave you an rma number and told you to send in the cards. I really wouldn't worry about that.

You just don't know how much I hope you are correct. Thanks BJ

Guest bobyjo

I sent the HD3850's back to VisionTek May 26th, VisionTek signed for these RMA cards on 5/01/2007, they shipped out two new HD3850 512's on May 2nd and I received these cards yesterday. I installed these cards late yesterday and actually played Crysis for about an hour and a half. Not one hiccup anywhere. No lockups, stalls, or nuthen. YEA WHOOOOOOPEEEEE

This system is running like I dreamed of it running. I called and asked if they would tell me what was wrong with the cards I had purchased from this guy. He looked on thier computer screen. Then he stated the bios in these cards was hacked and made these cards unusable. He said that is all he could tell me, he had no idea when, who, where or anything about this. They sent a pair of matched cards. They are better in quality than the cards I returned. I am very pleased with VisionTek and believe me if you are looking for a good quality vid card, look at VisionTek's line and see what they have that you can use. They do not mfg nvidia cards so if that is what you are looking for, they could not help you. BJ

Awesome, glad to hear things are working for you now! I've been pretty pleased with VisionTek myself. The two 3870's I have are from them. I figured you would be quite pleased once you got some cards that weren't borked.