Sign in to follow this  
Flucky

Lost one of my LAN connections

Lost one of my LAN connections

My LAN connector that is twinned up with USB ports 5-6, has stopped working?

I don’t see it in Computer management and can’t find it in the Bios.

Any ideas how I can get it working again?

bummer...have had the same problem...Fresh OS install always brought it back, only to see it disappear again, sooner or later....

solution, after many attempts at keeping it up and running (the ethernet), got a pci ethernet card w/realtek chipset, about $10, that is what i did.

tis one of those things with the DFI's...

laterzzz..................

bummer...have had the same problem...Fresh OS install always brought it back, only to see it disappear again, sooner or later....

solution, after many attempts at keeping it up a running (the usb), got a pci ethernet card w/realtek chipset, about $10, that is what i did.

tis one of those things with the DFI's...

laterzzz..................

QFT and excellent advice. Just ditch the onboard LAN and pick you up a PCI NIC card. You'll be happy you did.

Had the same happen with an NF4 board and a few months ago with current board. PCI card is the way to go. Leaves me wondering why this happens. Last time there was apparently a fire/explosion a mile or two from where I live and get my net connection. Major surge? Why nothing else -apparent that is, wrong with the board then?

Also,

Another culprit for those using DSL is surges that occur through the phone lines (most often due to electrical storms). IMHO the phone line is just as dangerous if not more so than the power coming into your house.

Hello,

How long have you had 4GB of memory and did you recently enable the memory hole option in the BIOS?

Also,

Another culprit for those using DSL is surges that occur through the phone lines (most often due to electrical storms). IMHO the phone line is just as dangerous if not more so than the power coming into your house.

Phone lines are indeed more dangerous because there's usually no equipment in place (on the supplier end) to protect from surges. Electric companies monitor for surges and other problems prety well, the same isn't true of phone companies (it's hard enough to get them to NOT charge you twice for the same billing period... lol) get a good surge protector with phone jacks and cable TV/Internet Jacks.