I was having a chat with repr and....

red930

Reviews and tutorials will not help to revive this place. It lost it's main objective when it lost DFI. Back then people were directed here when they had a problem and everybody here was true DFI so 15 people would jump on a problem and solve it. Alot of the answers obviously came from past experiences from users, and if no answers were to be had at least they could get info on an rma. NOT to say that plenty of advice is not still being offered but the place just seems more like a place where the regulars hang out and chat about old conquests and give pats on the back for new ones, while everybody else sits around with their thumb up their but. How many times has a new member (that might have stuck around) came here with a problem concerning a DFI board only to be told that "we are no longer support for DFI" . While that may be true, does it mean you don't try to help someone out?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times has a new member (that might have stuck around) came here with a problem concerning a DFI board only to be told that "we are no longer support for DFI" . While that may be true, does it mean you don't try to help someone out?

That's if they're asking about release dates of certain products that have not been announced. In that situation all we can really go by is what has been published by DFI and possibly some review sites that have revealed inside info.

If someone needs assistance in troubleshooting, OCing, etc we'll gladly assist to the best of our abilities.

How many times has a new member (that might have stuck around) came here with a problem concerning a DFI board only to be told that "we are no longer support for DFI" . While that may be true, does it mean you don't try to help someone out?

I haven't done any research on your particular question, but from my perspective that is a totally unfair proclamation. I have (and will continue to) provide advice and support for any m/b questions that arise - DFI or otherwise. And I think that goes for every other mod or admin here. I'd like you to point me to a post that specifically says "we won't help you because it's a DFI motherboard". That is simply hogwash.

The only reason I can think of that you are paying so much is that you have set up a dedicated server. Why do that if you don't have to? I use the Pro Plan and pay every two years to get the cheapest rate. I still haven't used a fraction of the space available but then again, I only use the site for teaching.

Are you kidding? They do it because they have to.

Cheap shared hosting sucks.

I'd rather use my 30/9.5 mbps home FIOS connection than that.. it's usually faster, more reliable, and cheaper.

any forum with semi-decent traffic on shared hosting is going to be terrible.. and after being around for several years, and being known as THE PLACE to get a machine that has all the prntscrn 4 GHZ LOLZ images _AND_ better stability standards than any OCing site on the net, you can bet there's enough traffic here to xxxx up your $7/mo hosting.

This wasn't where you went to post "3 GHz X2" without some xxxxing proof that it's so stable you'd record an elton john concert with heavy realtime processing going on with that machine.

I don't need this site anymore. I don't do anything that makes having a 3.92 GHz machine more important than a 2.4.. I never overload the 2.4, 3.92 is too loud, I have no use to fry my CPU for it nor cause me grief with everything using "niche market" components entails. Like having to switch to a 1.8v stick of memory every now and then so I can boot into the BIOS and set it to 2.2v for the g.skill or OCZ.... I could work on a 2.1 dual easily for the next few years and never give a xxxx. And even if I did need that machine, what I learned about _how_ to choose hardware and _how_ to mess with settings from reading all the posts here(and making a bunch of stupid ones myself) is going to stick with me until computers aren't silicon and metal anymore.

but it'd be a shame to see a resource for new overclockers gone.

For What It Worth. One of the reasons that I keep coming back here because of a DIY link is my FireFox toolbar; habit. :rolleyes: Just trying to keep my 939 build going, so as not to use $$$ on a newer system. Thanks to DIY/DFI my build was future proof; and still is capable of acceptable midrange performance. Also, keep come back to listen to AG. AG is more entertaining than 90% of the crap on T.V. AG should be one of those YouTube celebrities. Now, I learn AG discovered that he is a teacher and will pursue a degree in education. God help the Educational system. I predict a new educational/ philosophic method of teaching. The Angry School of teaching…. basically shut the XXX up and get out of my class if you don’t want to accept reality. Anyway, I can afford another modest donation to DIY, with all the money I saved from not buying a new system, and from the money saved with my current build, that was built with the help of all the talent here. The donate button should be located a few other places, other than the home page.

...basically shut the XXX up and get out of my class if you don’t want to accept reality.

I've had professors like that and no matter how good they are, I've seen 2 of them lose their job because of that kind of attitude. Working a job like that you have to be politically correct and censor your thoughts, otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

Althouggh i do appriciate the donations comming along more now, this is a thread about user revieuws and i dont want to get to much off topic, cause we want more revieuws .....

Wich reminds me..ellisd when are you done?

repr same question

ive done the major part on my mobo. only finishing the OC part and then it should be done (after perhaps a few spelling checks of people who actually do speak english ;))